Opinions on approximate age of sulcata?

Sherrie

Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place, I don't get a chance to get on here very often.
We have been debating about how old our African sulcata Pokie is. This picture was taken about 10 years ago and our son was 3, but I have no measurements or weights of how large Pokie was at the time. Based on everyone's own experiences, about how old would you say he is in this picture? I know it varies by each turtle, but we have been thinking he was between 1-3 years old. Any opinions would be appreciated!

Tanner pokie.JPG

Bee62

Germany
Hello, my sullies are 15 months old and they are as big as my hand. I am a normal women. A child hand is smaller than my hand. So I think your sully was not older than one year on that picture.:)

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
He could be one, or he could be a little older, as much as 3. They grow at different rates. How big is he now?

Sherrie

Las Vegas, NV
1056FA11-C351-42CE-AAC8-666F9AB7AB19.jpeg This isn’t a very good picture of him, but it’s the most recent one I have to show his size.
He has about an acre and a half to roam, but when the weather is nice wanders up to the house every day to say hello and beg for snacks. My cats still don’t know what to think of him after all these years. I think he is around 50 pounds, although I haven’t weighed him in a while.

Sherrie

Las Vegas, NV
Hello, my sullies are 15 months old and they are as big as my hand. I am a normal women. A child hand is smaller than my hand. So I think your sully was not older than one year on that picture.:)

Thank you!!! That helps me with an idea of how old he might be. We got him from a friend who had found him wandering down her street and was unable to find the owners, so we never really knew how old he was.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'd guess between one and two years in that first pic.

Bee62

Germany
Here is a picture taken with my sullies and my hand.:) They are as big as my whole hand.DSCN1964.JPG DSCN1960.JPG