Opinions on enclosure please

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
A very warm welcome to the forum.:tort:

Please allow me to point out that glass is not recommended for torts enclosures: these cute little animals do not understand the concept of glass, and would keep struggling to get out, consequently t his causes stress.:(

Sorry for what came above.;)I do not mean to upset you, ok?
My sulcata has no issue with glass. My boxies either. Or the chacos when I was a kid. I think many turtles/ tortoises are fine with it.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Well I've got a 70w R80 reflector bulb I'm there at the moment, not sure if they do lower? Can definitely look for one though. Do you not think the humidity is far too high though? Latest reading about 2 hours ago was 65% on the hot side, 64% in the middle and 99% on the cool side!
Humidity is relative. The higher the temp, the more water the air can hold. So the cool side is "full" because it can hold less water than the hot side. I would be worried more about the hot side being low.

MickeysMummy

London, United Kingdom
Humidity is relative. The higher the temp, the more water the air can hold. So the cool side is "full" because it can hold less water than the hot side. I would be worried more about the hot side being low.

Argh, I'm so confused :( lol

I have the water bowl on the cool side at the moment, should I move it to the hot side then?

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Do you have open areas where the humid air may escape? Hot air rises faster, may leave more causing drier air inside.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Sorry, kinda slang, probably makes no sense in UK. Just cover it for awhile and see what happens.