Optimus Prime just pass 1000g

Megatron's Mom

Location (City and/or State)
North Little Rock, Arkansas
Effectively 6 months and 4lbs. Keep up the great work Optimus. Exciting!

Stump (State Pumpkin size) is now 2yrs and almost 5 months. 18.5" long, 12.75" wide, 8.5" high and hovering around 42.5 lbs. It's ridiculous. Either he's just going to stop or really start slowing his growth this winter or he'll be 50lbs+ @ 3years old.
View attachment 376086
This is one of the weeks with his shell pretty much filled in. Not a whole lot of pyramiding now that he's digging pretty hard core on a weekly basis.

View attachment 376087
For scale those beams are 6x6 beams. He's over 12" high when standing and almost 13" wide toward where his front legs are.

Figgy aka the figster is now hovering at just under 2lbs @ 880g and will be 1year old next week. Growing smooth and at a more reasonable/enjoyable pace. Same diet and care as Stump and actually eats more.
Amazing, Stump is beautiful šŸ¤© ā¤ļø I cannot believe how fast they are growing.

Little Bumblebee looks like a a shrimp compared to OP. I know Bee will not get anywhere near the size of OP, but it still blows my mind.

PƔk

Esztergom
Thats an insane growth this year. Mine is ~1800 g, i am afraid from next year, when he will outside from the spring. :D

ryan57

PA
Thats an insane growth this year. Mine is ~1800 g, i am afraid from next year, when he will outside from the spring. :D
1800g is awesome and yours is real smooth. Great job. The figster, my small one, is 1yr 1mo and still hovering about 2lbs. 890 - 910g or so. Active as heck every day and eats a lot. I remember when Optimus was a little guy. Heā€™s big now!!! He does great with those plastic flaps. Optimus looks really good.

My other one, that dude is huge. 19 1/4ā€ long from gular to the back of his carapace last night. He is the most gentle sweet boy tortoise imaginable. 2yrs 6mo.

If he had the personality of the small one, and his size, Iā€™d have a real problem on my hands.

ryan57

PA
Former "Little" stumpy was 20.2Kg or 44.53lbs at the vet on Friday. @ a few weeks over 2.5yrs old.

IMG_5720.PNG

Riding in the back of the Mustang above and and he got a lot taller below. At least 1/2" in the past couple weeks.IMG_5721.PNG
He's 19.5" long now and just spread out wider as he got taller. Hoping/knowing he'll fill in like he always does.

The food is turning into a financial commitment! LOL!

Last edited:

ryan57

PA
Yes he is. I have switched to the bathroom scale.
I feel really guilty putting my little one upside down on the small scale for a couple seconds but s/he won't stay still for nothing! When I put a container big enough I can read the scale. Can't wait until larger like Optimus Prime to make the scale switch.

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
I feel really guilty putting my little one upside down on the small scale for a couple seconds but s/he won't stay still for nothing! When I put a container big enough I can read the scale. Can't wait until larger like Optimus Prime to make the scale switch.
If I tilt Mojo up too far he flips out, like an 80's video game glitching. His head and legs go nuts.