Orange pimples on baby sulcatas

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
From the Mayo Clinic Online- In most healthy people, a cryptosporidium infection produces a bout of watery diarrhea and the infection usually goes away within a week or two

You can become infected with cryptosporidia by touching anything that has come in contact with contaminated feces. Methods of infection include:
  • Drinking contaminated water that contains cryptosporidium parasites
  • Swimming in contaminated water that contains cryptosporidium parasites and accidentally swallowing some of it
  • Eating uncooked, contaminated food that contains cryptosporidia
  • Touching your hand to your mouth if your hand has been in contact with a contaminated surface or object
  • Having close contact with other infected people or animals — especially their feces — which can allow the parasite to be transmitted from your hands to your mouth

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Man. It sucks the way this stuff can happen even when you’re doing the most to keep everything happy and healthy..... do you think these pimples are contagious to humans? And if they aren’t, is crypto?
I don't think that reptile crypto can infect a human. I could be wrong.
If those lesions are caused by a bacteria, then it is possible that a human could be infected, but again, not likely.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
I don't think that reptile crypto can infect a human. I could be wrong.
If those lesions are caused by a bacteria, then it is possible that a human could be infected, but again, not likely.
It’s not as common as a human infecting a human, obviously, but it can happen. This what I found.

Attachments

• 8A74778E-D453-4F2E-9220-01BE813E28C1.png
    8A74778E-D453-4F2E-9220-01BE813E28C1.png
    149.3 KB · Views: 13