Osprey Daddy-mom and the 3 kids

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Just got back from Kerry's where her family all visited some for the 1st time, from different ends of the East coast. A couple of friends also showed up so despite the punishing heat/humidity here yesterday, we had a great time.

At some point we all walked down to the water while the boys took the scooters out....there are 4 of them so they were all good to go....apparently, I rate very highly b/c of the scooters and full auto bb gun I furnished for entertainment.......got to know your audience. We like toys! LOL

So in order, we saw the relocated nest(due to the storm), and funny thing about those on-camera menu's, I found a "stabilizer" setting....as the pics will show....still sucky but LESS sucky this week!

The nest 1/4 mile away, so be nice to me!

As we are watching, we see dad catch a fish.....we watched then I snapped a couple of pics, then he goes to a near-the-nest piling and sits, just out of reach....soon, all the kids were up and clamoring for Dad to bring the food over.

Pretty cool to watch....as always, if you "open in new tab", you can zoom in and see the baby's faces on the lst couple of these shots!P1020601.JPGP1020605.JPGP1020606.JPGP1020608.JPGP1020610.JPGP1020613.JPGP1020615.JPG

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Okay so when you say the nest is a 1/4 of a mile away you mean walking to it or zooming into with your lens. Cause the first is wow you are lazier than me and the second is that camera/lens is way nicer then what I am rolling with!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Getting better, right Tammy??? FINALLY? Jeffrey really needs to spend some time reading a book....one of the paper things!

The nest is physically on the opposite side and further down the creek towards the Chester river, we are on Rosin Creek......honestly, it's about 5 punts or 350 yds away......I just call it 1/4 mile away for frame of reference & proper "embellishment".....LOL Don't tease my method, there is madness to it...besides, an 1/8th mile sounds whimpy

So yes, I am zooming a 30x opt zoom land camera, not all that great a camera Panasonic ZS70 ......but it's a LOT better than it's operator at this point. That became obvious when I clicked the "stabilize" item in one of the sub-menus. This after owning it for what, -4 years now.....it's just sad.

This is a normal picture....what you and I would see if we are standing on the floating dock......I took this with the same camera with a normal setting in April......so I'm reaching pretty far for me to get what I can. I never use digital zoom because it's just a desperation move as the pixels break down badly, at least it did w/o the Stab turned on. I should have tried it with it on. Ah well, next time.

This pic show the nestbox on top of the leaning piling before it blew over a week or so ago.
E&O1.JPG

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Getting better, right Tammy??? FINALLY? Jeffrey really needs to spend some time reading a book....one of the paper things!

The nest is physically on the opposite side and further down the creek towards the Chester river, we are on Rosin Creek......honestly, it's about 5 punts or 350 yds away......I just call it 1/4 mile away for frame of reference & proper "embellishment".....LOL Don't tease my method, there is madness to it...besides, an 1/8th mile sounds whimpy

So yes, I am zooming a 30x opt zoom land camera, not all that great a camera Panasonic ZS70 ......but it's a LOT better than it's operator at this point. That became obvious when I clicked the "stabilize" item in one of the sub-menus. This after owning it for what, -4 years now.....it's just sad.

This is a normal picture....what you and I would see if we are standing on the floating dock......I took this with the same camera with a normal setting in April......so I'm reaching pretty far for me to get what I can. I never use digital zoom because it's just a desperation move as the pixels break down badly, at least it did w/o the Stab turned on. I should have tried it with it on. Ah well, next time.

This pic show the nestbox on top of the leaning piling before it blew over a week or so ago.
View attachment 346828
I'm that bad too 🤣 but I got to see the babies 🤗 I LOVE ospreys!!!