Osprey's, Bald Eagles and Heron, oh my!

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
A wonderful w/e at the Nook.......water was VERY low Saturday....... I took my ZS70 Panny Lumix for it's 30x zoom since the birds are 1/8th to 1/2mile away.

The Heron came in...when he landed, the water was so you low, you could see his ankles! Maybe 4"-6" deep is all! The Osprey pair was there, mom in the nest and dad circling above. Then, in the distance we saw the mating pair of Bald Eagles swoop in........pretty cool.....

The Osprey nest is on the slanted piling, center frame 1st pic, the two Bald Eagles, directly above the nest.......but much further away.

What a cathartic view.......

E&O1.JPGmom1a.JPGmom3.JPG

heron1.JPGeagle3.JPGeagle4.JPG

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
A wonderful w/e at the Nook.......water was VERY low Saturday....... I took my ZS70 Panny Lumix for it's 30x zoom since the birds are 1/8th to 1/2mile away.

The Heron came in...when he landed, the water was so you low, you could see his ankles! Maybe 4"-6" deep is all! The Osprey pair was there, mom in the nest and dad circling above. Then, in the distance we saw the mating pair of Bald Eagles swoop in........pretty cool.....

The Osprey nest is on the slanted piling, center frame 1st pic, the two Bald Eagles, directly above the nest.......but much further away.

What a cathartic view.......

View attachment 342726View attachment 342724View attachment 342725

View attachment 342720View attachment 342721View attachment 342722
One of my favorite things to watch is an osprey fishing.🤗

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Looks like Downs Park again? If so, Thats one of my favorite spots to start my kayak explorations from. It’s definitely a good place to spot eagles, ospreys & herons. Enjoy.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
This is over at Kerry's, on the Chester River Mark...

The river is tidal Y, so it's ebbs and flows....here's a couple pics of the creek to the right of the pictures, it was REALLY low on Saturday but the tide was back,
6 hrs later so all is well.

I also saw the containers from the Stuck ship being barged to waiting ships at anchor below the bridge........they were running a "container ferry" yesterday.
ck1.JPGck2.JPGck3.JPG

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Nice pictures. Almost like being. It's rare for me to get to see a bald eagle, so seeing one is a huge deal to me. An osprey? Don't think I have saw one.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Funny you mention that Jacqui, I never saw one until I saw one crossing the biggest highway near Annapolis when I was in my 20's. I agree, seeing one IS a really big deal on a lot of different levels for me. I remember a time when we might have lost them all. Of course there are now sources stating DDT wasn't the threat to them that was purported back then.....but regardless, I'm happy inside when I watch them soar today...just majestic!

This afternoon, my oldest daughter came by so we went up to Downs park Mark, because she hadn't seen the Stuck ship.

I think it's funny...when old people take pictures, our camera is between us and the object When young people take pictures, THEY are between their camera and the object! Watch folks and you'll see it's true.....just interesting to me.

We saw TURTLES at the park...in the pond behind the "dog beach"....lots but no pics b/c Dad didn't bother to take his phone....we saw snappers, and a bunch of sliders on the logs in the sun.....