Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
One of the things that I just LOVE about this forum is the fact that so many of you post pictures with your emails. I love seeing everyone's pictures. My problem is computer oriented and the fact that I'm not real computer-literate. If I move from one HTTP address to another, I have to re-type in the address to get back to where I was. So, if I want to go to Photobucket and get a picture for my email, I have to type in the photobucket address. When I do that, I lose the tortoise forum. So then when I want to go back with my picture, I have to re-type the tortoise forum address and sign in and start my post all over again. It's just too much trouble. I'm sure there must be a better way.

HELP!!

Yvonne

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Yvonne what browser are you using? Internet Explorer? If so which version, the newest version (7) allows tabbed browsing so you can have multiple sites opened in one browser using a tab system along the top.

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
You should be able to open a new window and work off both. when i am on TFO and want a pic from photobucket i go to the File button at the top of my screen and click on New Window. this allows me to go to other pages while i do not disturb my TFO post. i don't know if this helps any but this is what i do.

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
wayne.bob said:
You should be able to open a new window and work off both. when i am on TFO and want a pic from photobucket i go to the File button at the top of my screen and click on New Window. this allows me to go to other pages while i do not disturb my TFO post. i don't know if this helps any but this is what i do.

Exactly the way I do it also

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
wayne.bob said:

Well, DUH!!! How easy is that? I never even knew there was a "new window" button. Incidentally, I'm using Firefox, but it doesn't matter, I can use the above method. And thanks for your help.

Yvonne

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
wayne.bob said:

Well, DUH!!! How easy is that? I never even knew there was a "new window" button. Incidentally, I'm using Firefox, but it doesn't matter, I can use the above method. And thanks for your help.

Yvonne

Yup Firefox originated the tabbed browsing and IE copied it when they released IE7. ;) You are most welcome Yvonne. Its what I do for my job. lol Tech Support.

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
glad to be of assistance. i too am using firefox

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Ctrl+T should open a new tab for Firefox users. Also, if you hold Ctrl and click on a link Firefox should open that link in a new tab :)
gotta love tabbed browsing!

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
That is so neat I never knew that I always minimize the window and opened another IE that way. Thanks I learned something new today.

Status
Not open for further replies.