Other aquatic animals for enrichment?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Ok, just hear me out.
Millie (a Mississiippi Mud Turtle who lost a front foot to a predator as a hatchling) almost always comes up to the front of the tank whenever I come by. Most of the time, if I drop in some food, she ignores it. She seems drawn to movement and activity, and hangs out at the front, watching us.
I know that animals can get bored without sufficient stimulation: zoos have learned that their animals are healthier and have more normal behaviors when they are provided some degree of enrichment.
Millie is the sole inhabitant of her 40 gallon breeder tank; the water is only 3 to 3.5 inches deep because she can't swim at all. I would like to add live things to Millie's tank for enrichment for her. It doesn't matter if she eats them or chases them or just cohabits with them.
Any suggestions? ?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Feeder goldfish? Or ghost shrimp? Or maybe a moving aquarium decoration? I know they're tacky, but maybe Millie doesn't know that. :)
I think she's actually pretty smart, as turtles go! I had considered a moving bubbler sort of thing, but she's a bit of a bulldozer and would probably trample it to bits! ?

Randy Micheals

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
British columbia
Hmmm Guppies? Cheap, hardy, and breed like crazy, even in shallow water. I used to sell fry to a pet store, but eventually had to get a predatory African leaf fish because the gups were so prolific.

Not sure if Millie is fast enough to catch them, but their fancy fins might be fun for her to watch?