Our 2015 Tortoise Calendar WINNERS!! Congratulations! (& ordering link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pam

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
I just got my calendar I love love love it :) Great job

Tyanna

Wisconsin
I ordered mine on the 17th, when should I expect it? I'm excited.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Yeah I thought Bob was also going to be on the cover too but it's a picture of a tortoise beginning life right from the shell, it's very cute though. I saw your pic in there, the sulcata snowbound...I think :)

M

Maggie Cummings

Oh. I thought the winning picture was to grace the front. Maybe it's a tortoise choice.
I also thought the winner would be on the cover, or at least January, but most of those that got lesser votes are ahead of him. The winner is November, with nothing to say this is the winner or even tell what species all the tortoises are.
Personally, I am sending my calendars back and getting refunds. It's extremely disappointing and insulting.The rules read that the photos will be prioritized according to the most votes. Bob got 33% of the vote, the cover egg got 15%. Yes, it's cute but that picture didn't win, Bob did.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh, Maggie! I'm sorry Bob didn't get the cover, but can't you be a gracious winner and let it go? Once you've seen the cover, you turn the page over to January and never see the picture again. But for the month of November, you get to see the picture every day. I know you're disappointed, and I would be too, in your place. But to take such drastic measures? Please let it go.

M

Maggie Cummings

Oh, Maggie! I'm sorry Bob didn't get the cover, but can't you be a gracious winner and let it go? Once you've seen the cover, you turn the page over to January and never see the picture again. But for the month of November, you get to see the picture every day. I know you're disappointed, and I would be too, in your place. But to take such drastic measures? Please let it go.

No

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
The rules read that the photos will be prioritized according to the most votes..

Where did you read this? The rules I read said the winning pictures could offer up which month they might want, but there is no guarantee. Josh has the final say on placement.

I think the egg hatching (if that's what you guys are saying are on the cover) is a neat way to start the calendar. I also feel sorry for whomever got the cover, because nobody sees your picture after the first day they get the calendar. Every other pictures gets atleast 27 days of glory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pam

Prairie Mom

I guess it's a good point that no one sees the first page once the calendar is turned over, but I really think the winner should have a say on month etc, or else what was the point of naming a winner in the first place? If the winning photo isn't on the cover maybe it could include a graphic &even a small copy of the winning photograph that says what month it is displayed on. --Is it too late to adjust this on future printings?

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
I think the egg hatching (if that's what you guys are saying are on the cover) is a neat way to start the calendar. I also feel sorry for whomever got the cover, because nobody sees your picture after the first day they get the calendar. Every other pictures gets atleast 27 days of glory.

I have to agree...sorry...I get to look at Bobs beautiful face for the whole month of November :) whereas I wouldn't if he were on the cover.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I guess it's a good point that no one sees the first page once the calendar is turned over, but I really think the winner should have a say on month etc, or else what was the point of naming a winner in the first place?

The winner got the $100 gift certificate, which to me is the real prize not the cover.

Like Yvonne said, we try each year to learn from our mistakes or areas not completely clear and hopefully not make the same error again.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I never guaranteed anyone any placement within the calendar itself. I have always had final say on how photos are paired with the months of the year. Furthermore, Maggie never expressed any preference as to where her photo was placed. I can't read minds, nor can I please everyone.

@maggie3fan I will happily refund your $15.99 per calendar once I receive your calendars. Thank you for participating.

I'm glad those of you who have already received your calendars are enjoying them. I believe all orders up until Nov 18 or 19 are in the mail. Remaining orders are following suit in batches. Thank you all for your support and positivity!

Last edited:

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Not to start something, but prioritize does not mean guarantee, as I read the rules.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Besides that, there's nothing to stop anyone from contacting Josh and asking for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.