Our 2015 Tortoise Calendar WINNERS!! Congratulations! (& ordering link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Maggie going quietly? Ieriously doubt that. :)
Now of course bob's ego will be even bigger now.

Last edited:

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Thanks Kelly. Bob and I are just thrilled. He got a few congratulatory strawberries today...
Awesome. Does he ever get tunas? I'd imagine the PNW would be a not very suitable region for opuntia to thrive in. I suppose your sister could always send some. Or me :)

M

Maggie Cummings

So happy for you @maggie3fan ! It really is the most perfect and loveable expression! Congratulations!

Thank you!
I know that Bob is not the best looking tortoise there is, but he is more intelligent than most, he's certainly is more trouble prone than most and he has a personality that brought a lady forum member out from Denver to meet him. I'm in Oregon. It was amazing to me. It's not just that I am blinded or putting personality in my imagination on him... Most who meet him say the same thing. He is just different. Dean S. had one like Bob without the trouble prone and very beautiful, but with a different out going personality. I think Tom has one too. One in a thousand Sulcata can be different. It takes work, socialization and bonding. The bonding is evident on Bob's face in that picture...

Prairie Mom

Thank you!
I know that Bob is not the best looking tortoise there is, but he is more intelligent than most, he's certainly is more trouble prone than most and he has a personality that brought a lady forum member out from Denver to meet him. I'm in Oregon. It was amazing to me. It's not just that I am blinded or putting personality in my imagination on him... Most who meet him say the same thing. He is just different. Dean S. had one like Bob without the trouble prone and very beautiful, but with a different out going personality. I think Tom has one too. One in a thousand Sulcata can be different. It takes work, socialization and bonding. The bonding is evident on Bob's face in that picture...
Oh, I just melted reading your response Maggie, but I have to argue with you...Bob is genuinely and very sincerely the MOST BEAUTIFUL TORTOISE. I have seen a lot of pretty and very fancy tortoises on this forum and mountains of cute little hatchlings. Everyone, please forgive me, but they are NOTHING to BOB! I want to meet Bob, so I am not shocked to hear that someone drove long distance to meet him! I believe every word you say about his spirit and personality. It is evident in your anecdotes and you're right about this picture.The bond is so clear that it is EXACTLY what my family is aspiring to. Sometime, I'd love to hear more details about the socializing and "work" you did to build your relationship. My whole family is a Bob fan:) You're so right about the photo. In this picture, he is looking up at HIS person whose company he obviously prefers over everyone. It shows plain as day on his face! I love it so much!!! Thanks for sharing, Maggie :<3::)

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Please spread the word about the calendar - this is a fundraiser of sorts for us and every order helps! Please order by Nov. 17th to guarantee arrival in time for the holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.