Our Baby Tortoise Died

Obbie

Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
I’m so sorry for your child’s loss. I was inconsolable when my little Emi died. I was hoping that breeders were being more careful, since my debacle, but sadly I still hear about these hatchlings succumbing to austwikia My first tortoise, she (no i don’t know 😂) was a little baby, and at one year she sadly died. about 6 months later, I had a friend ask if I would be interested in adopting a big Sully. As near as I can figure she is 15 to 20 years old. She now weighs 50-60 pounds ! She is such a sweet loving (that’s what I said). She couldn’t be loved more !! Please take time to heal, then do some research and find a larger tortoise to start with 🥰

BernieL

Location (City and/or State)
Indio, California
So sorry you and your son have encountered this example of a precious life's end. You're right, there are an awful lot of good folks out there, so you're in good company. If you can take the precautions that have been recommended, my hunch is that there's another tortoise or other animal out there that would be in good company with you and your son.