Our new african spurred tortoise, Bubba.

Karen Williams

Hi, Everyone as aTortoise lovers,
Hi, again! My name is Karen Williams. I've had Bubba for like at least 2 months. I do not know how old he is. If someone knows, please tell me. :) Length size is 4 inches and width is 4 1/4 inches. I am going to add the picture, so you can see. We do have 5 acres of non-pesicides yard filled with grasses and weeds. I've studied all the name of weeds. Its raining, right now. I did collected 4 different kinds of weeds and some grasses. Very healthy eater. I do feed him some aloe bc I am unable to find opuni cactus. Yes, I am still learning. Here is the picture. He loves going for a rides with window down, and have his belly rub, he falls asleep. I am still learning his weak spot, Lol.
Thank you for reading and also a good week.
Sincerely,
Karen W.

e5fc0659-14ae-460f-9103-7936ccd1801a_crop_640x640.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
salutations. Just a word of warning lots of tortoises like to poop on car rides.

m vino

Hi Karen! I am new to the forum as well. I just got my tortoise Rocky today! I wish you good luck!!! :)

Karen Williams

Oh crap, forgot to say where I am located. I am in Tampa, fl. I always have a piece of cloth that Bubba sit and relaxing. LOL, Ofc they poop.

Karen Williams

Hi, I just joined the forum and I am glad that I did. About 2 or 1 and half month ago, my young son, bought from someone's home (african spurred tortoise). I didn't want to keep at first but I didnt really realized till I took a look at it. He wasn't taking care of it, so I stepped in and its MINE. Lol. He doesn't know the age. I did measure on top of his scale. Length is 4 inches head to back, width is 4 and 1/4 , not half inches. I do not know its weight. Here is new picture so you can see the size. I will have to bring bubba to vet.
There is a two pictures I did add.
Other question, Bubba is junville, so should I count the age line by months? All I see is 5-6 lines ... I don't know. I did researching trying to find a easy way to know its age, I had no luck. Maybe some tortoise expert may know, estimate age is better than nothing. Could be a year and half old. I don't know. :(

Yes, this was last minute tortoise in my life but I fell in love.
Thank you for reading this and God bless.,
Karen W

20160329_152008.jpg 20160329_152115.jpg

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
There's no way of knowing age without hatch date . But we can guess . I'd say six months to a year old .

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Karen, and welcome to the Forum!

Florida is a great place for tortoises.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yeah, I'd say between one and two years.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Hi Karen and welcome to you and Bubba! I'm in Texas and keep Redfooted. I used to live in Florida East Coast. Bubba must be in heaven on 5 acres!!!! Makes me jealous

Karen Williams

Hi Karen and welcome to you and Bubba! I'm in Texas and keep Redfooted. I used to live in Florida East Coast. Bubba must be in heaven on 5 acres!!!! Makes me jealous
We are renting and maybe buy this place. Its swamp area which is way back of 5 acres. It's nice. Also great place for my orchids. It can get really cold during winter, though. I've lived through many apartments and it's my first time living here. It's nice and quiet. Bubba just came into our home unexpected, thou.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome to the forum. Cute little one! ! ! !