Our new leopard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeCow1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, CA
We were in Oceanside today, so I stopped by LLL. Really liked the way this leopard looked, extra scutes and all. Couldn't help myself.
90969641-3CD4-4944-984A-80F4176B52EE-1461-0000015EB9A38BC5_zps77917a3f.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very nice. Why though are theirs always pyramided? If they don't breed them, wish they would educate the people they get them from.

ulkal

5 Year Member
Who could help themselves with those extra scutes. Cutie!
How old is s/he?

MikeCow1

5 Year Member
Orange County, CA
wellington said:
Very nice. Why though are theirs always pyramided? If they don't breed them, wish they would educate the people they get them from.

Well, seems to me part of the reason is they were feeding them a high protein iguana food pellet, soaked, and then mixed with fruit. Looked like a dry substrate, too.... No idea of the age, didn't ask. It's about 3 1/2 inches

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
MikeCow1 said:
wellington said:

Well, seems to me part of the reason is they were feeding them a high protein iguana food pellet, soaked, and then mixed with fruit. Looked like a dry substrate, too.... No idea of the age, didn't ask. It's about 3 1/2 inches

Well he's in a good place now. Still really cute. Just wish they would get up with proper tort care.

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
MikeCow1 said:
wellington said:

LLL was feeding it that or the people they got it from? I'm pretty sure the owner of LLL posts here.

It's still a nice looking tort. Love that extra scute. Enjoy!

ScottishFish

5 Year Member
Scotland
Very nice addition you have got there!

'Or like the snow falls in the river,
A moment white, then melts forever'
~Robert Burns - Tam O' Shanter

0.0.1 Testudo hermanni boettgeri

MikeCow1

5 Year Member
Orange County, CA
Tortus said:
MikeCow1 said:
wellington said:

LLL was feeding it that or the people they got it from? I'm pretty sure the owner of LLL posts here.

It's still a nice looking tort. Love that extra scute. Enjoy!

That's what they were feeding it at LLL. The iguana food was 45% protein. Which, IMO, is too much for a plant eating species. LLL always has healthy, if a little pyramided, torts though. I have bought several from them and will continue to do so.

GeoGpp1012

5 Year Member
Brooklyn , NY
Seems like a beautiful leopard to me so congrats ..LLL is a great company I love using them. Certain members on here jump all over a pic if they see a small ridge or elevation and all you hear is "pyramiding pyramiding!!" We get it we want to prevent pyramiding but don't jump down peoples throats for being happy about a tort they got or making people feel uncomfortable with showing off there tort simply cause it has some pyramiding. So once again gorgeous leopard and congrats :)

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
For only 3 1/2 inches it already has quite a bit of white growth.

This will be a pretty one to watch grow.

Congrats on the new addition!

FLGirl41

5 Year Member
Really pretty leopard, love the irregular scutes too. Nice find!

Status
Not open for further replies.