Our new tortoise enclosure :3

Aristotle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles Area
That's an awesome enclosure! Beautiful AND functional! Love the plastic container with cobblestonesI I have a few questions regarding your enclosure. First, what are the two brown hides made of? To me they look like plastic boxes turned sideways. Second, what is your heat source? The bedding looks moist/damp - if that's the case how do you keep it warm/hot enough for your torts? Does your enclosure have a cover? I'm considering trying heat tape or heating cables as I've had problems keeping the "humid" area hot and moist and at a proper humidity. (my current enclosure doesn't have a cover and the heat and mist that go into the enclosure aren't really working too well).
Look forward to the collective wisdom that I always find on this site. :)

Thanks!

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
You're heading in the right direction with the nice hides and moss. But you'll need to get a deeper bin because yes they'll climb. Especially the Redfoot. Also, since your doing well building enclosures, you may want to build another one because you can't keep those two species together.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
looks good but as others said you'll want something with taller sides. and you need to separate the two they come from two very different places and require different habitats and care

one requires high humidity the other not so much

uyalex

Philippines
That's an awesome enclosure! Beautiful AND functional! Love the plastic container with cobblestonesI I have a few questions regarding your enclosure. First, what are the two brown hides made of? To me they look like plastic boxes turned sideways. Second, what is your heat source? The bedding looks moist/damp - if that's the case how do you keep it warm/hot enough for your torts? Does your enclosure have a cover? I'm considering trying heat tape or heating cables as I've had problems keeping the "humid" area hot and moist and at a proper humidity. (my current enclosure doesn't have a cover and the heat and mist that go into the enclosure aren't really working too well).
Look forward to the collective wisdom that I always find on this site. :)

Thanks!
yes they are plastic pots turned sideways :D they get direct sunlight from out side were from the philippines so its pretty humid here. no we didnt put any lid on it yet but am planning to get a net for cover. good luck with your set up :)

You're heading in the right direction with the nice hides and moss. But you'll need to get a deeper bin because yes they'll climb. Especially the Redfoot. Also, since your doing well building enclosures, you may want to build another one because you can't keep those two species together.
looks good but as others said you'll want something with taller sides. and you need to separate the two they come from two very different places and require different habitats and care

one requires high humidity the other not so much
thank you! i will keep this in mind. :)