Our Russian laid 3 eggs yesterday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortluvr8

5 Year Member
Our 10 year old Russian tortoise laid 3 beautiful eggs yesterday! The eggs are currently in a HovaBator incubating and looking good :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Congrats!! Welcome to the forum also. :D How many Russians do you have and how long have you had them? Are these the first eggs?

SBeanie

5 Year Member
California
Hello! :) can't wait to see the lil'ones :D good luck to you and your babies :D and remember everyone here loves pictures :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. I'm looking to buy a bunch of russian babies this year. Where are you and what temp are you incubating at?

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Congratulations! And welcome to tfo!

tortluvr8

5 Year Member
Thank you all for the welcomes :). We rescued both the male and female from a neighbor whose dog was terrorizing both Russians in their backyard. The female laid 2 eggs last year (previous family said she never had), but unfortunately they were not fertile. I didn't think they would be since she laid them on top of the ground. This time we watched her dig a hole, lay the eggs, and cover them up like a mother would :). I retrieved them and they are incubating in the Hova-Bator as I type this :). We are very excited! If I can figure out how to attach a video I will as I have one of the eggs being laid on video. Please keep her eggs in your prayers :)

tortluvr8

5 Year Member
Tom said:
Hello and welcome. I'm looking to buy a bunch of russian babies this year. Where are you and what temp are you incubating at?

We are in AZ, and I am incubating at 85.5 degrees :)

tortluvr8

5 Year Member
SBeanie said:
Hello! :) can't wait to see the lil'ones :D good luck to you and your babies :D and remember everyone here loves pictures :D

How do I post pictures? I also have a video of one of the eggs being laid :)

Status
Not open for further replies.