SternoDSC_0025.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
What a cute little turtle! I especially like his eyes and the high dome carapace.

Yvonne

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Oh...I am soooooooooo jealous! The Razorback is one of my favorite turtles. What do you keep him in? Can you post a picture of his habitat? He is just beautiful!

MeTaLerke

5 Year Member
Londerzeel, Belgium, Europe
terryo said:
Oh...I am soooooooooo jealous! The Razorback is one of my favorite turtles. What do you keep him in? Can you post a picture of his habitat? He is just beautiful!

Sternotherus%20carinatus%20018.jpg

It's not an up to date habitat picture, now there are plants growing out of my home made filter!

other pictures:

test%20011.jpg

test%20012.jpg

test%20013.jpg

test%20014.jpg

test%20017.jpg

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Where did you get that basking dock. It looks like it has steps. Did you make it. I am looking for something like that for a rescue I took in that wouldn't take up much space for a sick bay tank I have her in right now.

MeTaLerke

5 Year Member
terryo said:
Where did you get that basking dock. It looks like it has steps. Did you make it. I am looking for something like that for a rescue I took in that wouldn't take up much space for a sick bay tank I have her in right now.

It's home made. Like my filter (I am SO proud of that one!)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
MeTaLerke said:
terryo said:

It's home made. Like my filter (I am SO proud of that one!)

well you should be proud. It looks absolutely wonderful.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
OMG He is soooo cute. He looks like an anime character. I like that pix above also. I want to say he's happy as a clam. Just love it. When he's behind water plants, his face looks like a fish. I wonder if that's how he catches food by disguising himself?

MeTaLerke

5 Year Member
Today had the luck for taking pictures of the other Musk turtle (he's a bit shy)

carinatus%20005.jpg

carinatus%20006.jpg

carinatus%20007.jpg

carinatus%20010.jpg

carinatus%20011.jpg

carinatus%20012.jpg

carinatus%20013.jpg

Madortoise said:
OMG He is soooo cute. He looks like an anime character. I like that pix above also. I want to say he's happy as a clam. Just love it. When he's behind water plants, his face looks like a fish. I wonder if that's how he catches food by disguising himself?

in their natural habitat they hide in the soft soil of the rivers, so they have a camouflage appearance. They really do not swim like other turtles, and paddle as they walk along the ground.

MeTaLerke

5 Year Member
Thanks for all the nice comments! Wait till you see there final habitat! Home made aquarium of MDF with epoxy, home made background with island and all in natural colours...

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Please don't forget to post that. I really can't wait to see it. I love those little guys...always wanted one.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
WOOOOOW thanks for sharing all the cool pics! What an absolute cutie. I just love his big bug eyes and he's so photogenic! He seems to love the camera hehehe. Never seen any turtle like it, so interesting !!! I can't believe how far his neck cranes out, also amazing! Thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.