out side temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtletortoisefarmer

5 Year Member
hi guys, i want to put my torts out, what are good temps to do this.right now are spring is cool. the day may get up between 70 and 80 but the ground temps are 64 to 67.the ground is damp.i think we are by passing spring this year and going right to summer.; thanks for any input.

Attachments

• DSCN0026.JPG
    DSCN0026.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 75

turtletortoisefarmer

5 Year Member
i have a sulcata two year old i have others but the one i want to get out is honey dew 9in. 7lbs.i had her out last year but only when i was home also it got hot early in the spring.by the way the turtle in the picture is a asian leaf she needs to get out too.thanks for any information.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
There are many factors to consider. If its sunny, dry and no wind, its fine to put them out in the 60s. I would monitor their behavior and carapace temp though. On damp cold ground, I might not risk it. Can you use a kiddie pool, or something like that to provide a dry, sheltered area?

Like this:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-14680.html

EllieN

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
Awesome thread, Tom! I'd not found that before. I'm going right out now to pick up a kiddie pool for Puck. My backyard is a deck over the bay, and I hadn't figured out how to get her out there nor how to keep her safe from the seagulls, whom I've seen eat baby birds. This is great!

turtletortoisefarmer

5 Year Member
tom great thread, i have a pool but it is a small one i will go out and get two one for my asian leaf and my sully.thanks again.

argus333

5 Year Member
if its 60 i put my sulcatas out but for only like a hour or so. let them graze a little a walk around. it does depend on wind and dampness too. if to damp and windy i put them on my deck and they go in an out of the house.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I have to say that is a cute picture!! :)
Looks like she is giving you a big smile!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.