Outdoor Box Turtle Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekS

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Akron, OH
I started this last year but never did finish it. Well I've been working hard trying to get it done in time for them to go outside full time when it's warm enough. It's not quite finished yet, I still have some work with the walls and I want to plant it up pretty good. But here are some pictures of the progress, just wanted to share.

image-1734436084.png

image-175091190.png

image-1715781181.png

The pond is about a foot deep.

image-694307381.png

Some natural looking hiding places.

image-3795504189.png

This is the whole enclosure. The part in the front of the picture will be for the Russians.

image-4149000342.png

Hope you enjoyed. Thanks for looking.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I love it. Do you think they will be able to climb the walls and escape? My Waldo climbs cinder block.

DerekS

5 Year Member
Akron, OH
I actually plan to cover the whole thing. My dogs are constantly in and out of it now not to mention the raccoons, opossums, foxes, birds and whatever else might find my turtles appetizing.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Wow, very impressive. What are the exact measurements for the Box turtle side? I am really liking that water feature. Is the a prepackaged item or something you put together. I have been looking for a water feature to add to my Box Turtle enclosure and have not found one that I like. Yours seems more pratical for the turtle to use.

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
It looks great, nice job on the waterfall. Keep taking pics as you fully finish it.

Steve

DerekS

5 Year Member
Akron, OH
Thanks all for the compliments! I will definitely continue posting pics. The measurements for each area are about 9 by 12 foot. And the waterfall is just a pond liner and rocks really. It was my first try making a pond so I'm pretty happy with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.