outdoor Night temperature for yearling Hermann’s

Mabelmidnight

Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Hello everyone. I recently built an outdoor enclosure for my one year old eastern Hermann’s tortoise since during the day, the temperature has been in the high 70s and 80s, but at night, it gets down to the 60s and high 50s. Should I leave him out for the night. I know that younger tortoises need higher temperatures, but is it safe for her to stay out the night until it warms up in the afternoon?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello everyone. I recently built an outdoor enclosure for my one year old eastern Hermann’s tortoise since during the day, the temperature has been in the high 70s and 80s, but at night, it gets down to the 60s and high 50s. Should I leave him out for the night. I know that younger tortoises need higher temperatures, but is it safe for her to stay out the night until it warms up in the afternoon?
I'm not following what you mean by an outdoor enclosure. Can you post pics?

I don't know how you could heat the world. My outdoor enclosures are whatever temp the world around me is. My tortoises have heated night boxes for shelter, safety, and warmth when needed, and I certainly heat those, but I don't heat their "enclosures".

Assuming the next day will be plenty warm and sunny, I like a night temp in the mid sixties to low 70s for Testudo or other temperate species.