Outdoor redfoot enclosure mister

Defishnsea

Location (City and/or State)
Slidell, Louisiana
image.jpg It's getting hot and dry in southeast Louisiana. I find it difficult some days to have the time in the morning to water down the enclosure. This was my solution. Two pieces of 3/4 PVC, a 12 pack of mister landscape mist nozzles and a slip on PVC hose adapter. A PVC elbow, end cap and tie downs were also used. The mist nozzles have to be purchased at lowes since Home Depot doesn't carry them. Cut the PVC to the length you need, then hold them side by side on a flat surface and draw a line down one using the other for support. This will give you a straight line to drill the holes for the mist nozzles. Use a 5/32 drill bit and drill holes where you want them, insert nozzles. Lay parts out in the necessary arrangement and glue with PVC glue. I also use a timer at the hose bib to turn on automatically. I only leave it on for two minutes and it wets it down plenty. Hope this helps others.
Mattimage.jpg

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Looks good! Can you post a picture of it misting?
Thanks for the info!

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
You do get the angle of the water.
That's really cool!
Thanks for posting.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
This is very nice. Great idea and easy installing. Thanks.

sunshine_hugs

5 Year Member
Thanks for posting. Rainy season is starting up where I live, but I NEED to do something like this for next dry season. Seems totally doable here. :)

richosullivan

5 Year Member
Orlando
I have a similar system that i connected to a Mister Timer (bought at Lowe's for about $30, and you can set it to run from 1 to 5 minutes, and can program it to run at different times throughout the day (and it has a rain setting that if you get a lot of rain, you push the button and it delays it from running for 2 days). Here is a link to the one I'm using: http://www.lowes.com/pd_385075-1029...&CAWELAID=1210280070&kpid=3614802&CAGPSPN=pla