Outdoor Tortoise Enclosure during Rain

Kmain

Location (City and/or State)
San Jose
Hello all! I am new to this forum. I have a Russian Tortoise that I saved from a poor living situation. I have had her for a year now and recently made her an outdoor tortoise enclosure. Her enclosure has a heated rabbit hutch, in there I have a ceramic heat bulb that stays at about 85 degrees and up at night and some nice cypress mulch inside. Right now in the Bay Area we are experiencing heavy rain. If my tortoise is covered and has heat will she be okay in the rain? I am very worried about her at night. I have a wireless thermometer that is pretty accurate, sometimes it gets up to 100 in the rabbit hutch, but she doesn't seem to mind it/ I do not think it is burning her shell. Please let me know what you would all do in this situation. Thanks!

IMG_1140.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello all! I am new to this forum. I have a Russian Tortoise that I saved from a poor living situation. I have had her for a year now and recently made her an outdoor tortoise enclosure. Her enclosure has a heated rabbit hutch, in there I have a ceramic heat bulb that stays at about 85 degrees and up at night and some nice cypress mulch inside. Right now in the Bay Area we are experiencing heavy rain. If my tortoise is covered and has heat will she be okay in the rain? I am very worried about her at night. I have a wireless thermometer that is pretty accurate, sometimes it gets up to 100 in the rabbit hutch, but she doesn't seem to mind it/ I do not think it is burning her shell. Please let me know what you would all do in this situation. Thanks!
Here is the care info you need. It includes outdoor housing and how to heat it. Your questions are welcome!

Kmain

San Jose
Here is the care info you need. It includes outdoor housing and how to heat it. Your questions are welcome!

Thank you for the information!