Outdoor tortoise pens

Nrc470

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
Could everyone show me what there outdoor tort pens looks like. Looking for ideas.

Nrc470

5 Year Member
Virginia
Are the blocks just stacked on top
Of one another. What type of tort do you keep in there

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
I've added a roof since this photo was taken. Upper half is a metal frame with chicken wire to keep large birds out. Measures 10' x 14' with ability to create separate pens on the inside.

Planted a bunch of weeds and flowers from tortoise seed kits so lots of foraging food available.IMG_20180415_190559.jpeg

Redfool

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Decorative concrete block and polycarbonate panels. Vinyl front of warm room lifted. Home for 25 years to one male and three female Redfoots. Pen is within a fenced yard.
Hibiscus bushes in back for free food.
IMG_3505.jpg

Nrc470

5 Year Member
Virginia
I've added a roof since this photo was taken. Upper half is a metal frame with chicken wire to keep large birds out. Measures 10' x 14' with ability to create separate pens on the inside.

Planted a bunch of weeds and flowers from tortoise seed kits so lots of foraging food available.View attachment 259643

Looks awesome. I think I’m gonna make a second enclosure for 2nd marginated. Use 2x12 and make a pen that way.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Maidens, Virginia
You get hurricanes over there in Virginia? I think I see a great hurricane shelter coming up. Better move in with the torts if a storm threatens!o_O
Nice looking work and I look forward to see the finished product!

Ha ha/// out thoughts exactly! My husband is a little overzealous. thanks Tammy