Outside & Anxiety

peridot

Location (City and/or State)
NC
Hi everyone! I was hoping to get some advice! I recently finished my temporary outdoor enclosure for my torts and am trying to take them outside as much as possible before it starts cooling off. However, they become so anxious when I place them in it. I’m talking: pacing, constant anxious poops (one pooped 6 times within 10 minutes!), climbing and flipping on everything. One of them just doesn’t move, like he’s in shock. [emoji28] I know how important it is for them to go outside, but I also know how stress isn’t good for them either. Should I keep working with them until they are used to it? Does anyone else have this problem? We’re on day 5 with no improvements.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings.

What kind of torts and it would help to see a picture of the enclosure area.

Have they never been outside before?

Pix!

peridot

NC
Greetings.

What kind of torts and it would help to see a picture of the enclosure area.

Have they never been outside before?

Pix!

I have radiated tortoises and they’ve been outside before, but this new area really seems to freak them out! I’ll get a photo once I get home!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Are you preparing for the hurricane (Dorian) to possibly affect your area? If so, when it's over, please do post some pictures of your tortoises and their new outside enclosure so we can make some suggestions to help!:)