Outside house for my leopard insulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bearder2006

5 Year Member
Hi my leopard is getting to big for her home indoors now so having a bigger home made for her outside, tong and groove outside, the ply on the inside with insulation in between one side with a basking lamp and heat lamp. Now the insulation I'm going to use is sheets of polystyrene should this be ok ? 2inch thick all sides top and bottom

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
That's similar to what I use and has worked for me. I'm not an architect or engineer, but maybe there's a more efficient way of insulating...if so I'd like to hear about it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Should work well. I sandwich the insulation between layers of plywood to protect it.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
If you are framing with 2x4s squeeze a layer of fiberglass in the extra 1 1/2 inch and fill all gaps (if you have any) in the polystyrene with fiberglass to help from heat loss, the tighter the better. I use a knife to push the fiberglass into any cracks that I have.

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Honestly I don't feel there's any better way to do it than with that foam in a can. Let it fill in all the voids and then sand or cut off excess. Fiberglass works ok but that foam works REALLY well. If anything else, use the fiberglass or polystrene for the bulk and fill in any gaps with the foam.

Bearder2006

5 Year Member
Thanks for that I was un sure and didn't want to kill my girl
Do any one have any more ideas before it is made ?
I will post pics when it is made

Status
Not open for further replies.