overstocked inventory thread for anybody to use...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
On another thread, folks were talking about items they would like to gift* to folks. Things they no longer need or have too many of. In some cases there may be a small charge (for example postage) or the item might be completely free. So we are going to give it a try and see how this thread works out. If it works, then perhaps Josh will make it a special category all it's own and then each person could start a new thread just like we do with other things like adoptions, for sale, reposted, ect..,

Be sure to tell what the item is, it's size, if there is a charge with it and any other valuable information.

*Gift means free. If you're selling something, put it in a regular 'for sale' ad separate from this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
I work in construction and get lots of the black corrugated round storm pipe. It makes great caves/hides for outdoor tortoise pens. The sizes that I can typically get are 12", 15", 18" all in diameter. I can also every now and they get setting a little larger like 24" and 36". Anyone in the Houston area can have some for free if they want to meet me somewhere.

I tried to load a picture of it but I got an error saying I don't have permission to post pictures.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There's an old abandoned house on my property that I use as a shed. The bedroom is full of turtle and tortoise stuff, aquariums that leak, etc. Naturally, I wouldn't be able to ship any of it, but if you live near me, you can come take a look and walk away with anything you want that's in there. People give me all their supplies when they turn in their turtle/tortoise, so there's lots of those pre-made waterers and feeders, caves, etc. There are cat carriers, an old exercise bike - just lots of stuff!

old house a.jpg old house b.jpg old house c.jpg old house d.jpg

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
There's an old abandoned house on my property that I use as a shed. The bedroom is full of turtle and tortoise stuff, aquariums that leak, etc. Naturally, I wouldn't be able to ship any of it, but if you live near me, you can come take a look and walk away with anything you want that's in there. People give me all their supplies when they turn in their turtle/tortoise, so there's lots of those pre-made waterers and feeders, caves, etc. There are cat carriers, an old exercise bike - just lots of stuff!

View attachment 112800 View attachment 112801 View attachment 112802 View attachment 112803
I will remember to check-out that room next time when we visit. :D:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh good...I'm glad there's going to be a 'next time.' I was worried you'd never want to set foot here again after the day I gave you.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
oh boy, I wonder if the producers of "hoarders" is checking out this thread?

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
I have a book on Russian tortoise care that I'd be willing to ship out to someone who could use it!
I'll take a picture and or post the author if anyone's interested.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Just remembered these, Halogen Zilla Day Blue Light Bulb, three 75 watt bulbs and four 50 watt bulbs, all new never been used.Picture 002.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ah...a man who has trouble passing up a sale, I see!

Those look like they require some sort of special fixture to mount them in, no?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I've had these for over a year, the final cost was $1 a bulb. I never intended to use them but thought I could find someone that could, but forgot about them. I believe they work in a combo hood which is something I have never used. Hopefully someone here can use at least a couple of them. Could you walk away from them at that price ???

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I work in construction and get lots of the black corrugated round storm pipe. It makes great caves/hides for outdoor tortoise pens. The sizes that I can typically get are 12", 15", 18" all in diameter. I can also every now and they get setting a little larger like 24" and 36". Anyone in the Houston area can have some for free if they want to meet me somewhere.

I tried to load a picture of it but I got an error saying I don't have permission to post pictures.
Like this. Great. No photos here either! Sorry.