oxbow timothy pellets for star tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanistarr

5 Year Member
i want to give oxbow essentials to my star tortoise, it's made from timothy hay, will it be good for my tort to eat this?

Premium Ingredients

* Timothy Hay = Essential Fiber
* Soy Products = Fiber, Balanced Protein, Healthy Fat
* Wheat = Ideal Carbohydrate and Energy Source

Ingredients

Timothy Grass Meal, Soybean Hulls, Wheat Middlings, Soybean Meal, Cane Molasses, Sodium Bentonite, Soybean Oil, Salt, Lignin Sulfonate, Limestone, Yeast Culture (dehydrated), Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin, Copper Sulfate, Selenium Yeast, Vitamin A Supplement, Folic Acid, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Proteinate, Riboflavin Supplement, Manganese Proteinate, Biotin, Manganous Oxide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Cobalt Carbonate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Calcium Iodate
Guaranteed Analysis

* Crude Protein min 14.00%
* Crude Fat min 2.00%
* Crude Fiber min 25.00%
* Crude Fiber max 29.00%
* Moisture max 10.00%
* Calcium min 0.35%
* Calcium max 0.85%
* Phosphorus min 0.25%
* Salt min 0.50%
* Salt max 1.00%
* Copper (min) 30 ppm
* Vitamin A (min) 19,000 IU/kg
* Vitamin D (min) 900 IU/kg
* Vitamin E (min) 190 IU/kg

Attachments

• 5lbAdultRabbitPRsLARGE.png
    5lbAdultRabbitPRsLARGE.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 17

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi nanistarr:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Do you want to use this product because it is easier for you to find? In my opinion, fresh weeds and grasses are much better for a star tortoise. If I were forced to use a manufactured diet for my tortoise, I would try to find one manufactured specifically for tortoises, not for rabbits.

What would you like us to call you?

...and may we know appx. where in the world you are?

nanistarr

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi nanistarr:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Do you want to use this product because it is easier for you to find? In my opinion, fresh weeds and grasses are much better for a star tortoise. If I were forced to use a manufactured diet for my tortoise, I would try to find one manufactured specifically for tortoises, not for rabbits.

What would you like us to call you?

...and may we know appx. where in the world you are?

yes, i just think if torts doesn't want to eat hay why just don't give it some pellets. i haven't give it yet, but i want to add new diet for my torts to add some fiber. well, if you said so i will just try giving it hay as a sprinkle on it's food. btw, i live in indonesia, it really easy to find vegs, fruits and grasses actually but i have limited land to grow some grasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.