Oxytetracycline Ophthalmic (Magic Eye Goo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neohippy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Red Deer, AB
Does anyone know where I can get my mitts on a tube of this magic goo? I was told in another thread it's brand name is Terramycin. Not sure if this jazz is commonplace in Canada here. Will I need an Rx or is it OTC here?
Does Polymixin B have a similar magical effect?

This is a query for my little RF Woodrow and his seemingly pirate like eye.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I gave you a link to the ointment on the other thread. You can buy it online from that link.

Yvonne

Neohippy

5 Year Member
Red Deer, AB
I'm probably being quite ignorant on them there sites. Seems I need an Rx written out and faxed to them in order to umm... well, order. I suppose I'm looking more for the lazy "Oh, you can find that at Bill's eyeball shack on 54th street"... Internet ordering always has my paranoia senses tingling.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ok...then do a GOOGLE search for pfizer terramycin opthalmic ointment. It comes up with many, many listings and you can choose the cheapest one for you. I tried a couple and they never asked for the prescription. You can buy it over the counter, a prescription is not required. Here in the states I buy it at my local feed dealer for horse and cattle feed.

Yvonne

Neohippy

5 Year Member
Red Deer, AB
Ahh, local feed dealer, never thought of that. I had a pharmacist at Walmart getting me all the names and whatnot using all his resources after I told him it was for a one eyed tortoise. Apparently he was raised with no depth perception, so he felt for the little guy.
So, armed with synonyms of generic and name brand alike, I will be hitting up some feed stores and dispensary's in the area.
Thanks muchly for the guidance.

Neohippy

5 Year Member
Red Deer, AB
Yes, indeed I do. However, my town isn't the largest pock mark on the map, so typically we are limited to horse, cow, dog, cat, etc. So I have to word things carefully. If I say it's for a tortoise, oh the **** eyed looks I get.
Funny thing is, I'd sooner go on a 2 hour road trip to pick up a $20 bottle of the goo, than actually order one for $9.95 offa the 'ol interbutt machine.
For now though, work seems to be impeding my search efforts. Much rather be oot and aboot hunting down tortoise supplies than actually making money.

M

Maggie Cummings

Neohippy said:
Yes, indeed I do. However, my town isn't the largest pock mark on the map, so typically we are limited to horse, cow, dog, cat, etc. So I have to word things carefully. If I say it's for a tortoise, oh the **** eyed looks I get.
Funny thing is, I'd sooner go on a 2 hour road trip to pick up a $20 bottle of the goo, than actually order one for $9.95 offa the 'ol interbutt machine.
For now though, work seems to be impeding my search efforts. Much rather be oot and aboot hunting down tortoise supplies than actually making money.

please forgive me for telling you what to do...even tho I am, but just don't say it's for a tortoise. It's eye medicine, for eyes...now mind you, I am a California girl born and bred and as such I am not used to doing without anything I need or want...so I am kinda surprised that you are having such a hard time finding this stuff...so if you keep having such a hard time and can't get it on-line contact me privately and we can work out something and I'll mail you some...10/4?

Neohippy

5 Year Member
Red Deer, AB
maggie3fan said:
please forgive me for telling you what to do...even tho I am, but just don't say it's for a tortoise. It's eye medicine, for eyes...now mind you, I am a California girl born and bred and as such I am not used to doing without anything I need or want...so I am kinda surprised that you are having such a hard time finding this stuff...so if you keep having such a hard time and can't get it on-line contact me privately and we can work out something and I'll mail you some...10/4?

Oh, by all means, order away. Life's too short too get all butt hurt over people just trying to help.
Just like your self declared Californian attitude, I epitomize the apathetic lazy Canadian stereotype. I'll go out of my way to do something 'the easy way' only to look back and discover how difficult I made it on myself.
As far as trouble finding it; It is a 4 day weekend for most workin' Joe's here, so the only thing open was a walmart yesterday. I've got an array of locations to scout out, but haven't had the opportunity as of yet. Plus, on top of that, payday isn't until Wednesday, and little Woodrow here wouldn't have been the great achievement I perceive him to be if I didn't live from pay cheque to pay cheque. Plus I think he would prefer $10 of green leafy awesomeness to $10 of some goo at this point in time. He is pretty easy to please it seems.

Ahh, the glories of the comfortably poor.

bettinge said:
LLLreptile has it. No RX needed, over the counter in the USA. Also, a real good company to do business with, I buy most everything from them, even crickets, wax worms and meal worms.

If you don't mind me asking, What part of Canada are you from ah?

http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog...-and-cage-cleaners/-/terramycin-eye-ointment/

You mean 'eh?' I think :p.

I hail from the prairies, Alberta to be more specific, smack dab in the centre. So I do have access to large metropolitan areas, just, well... You know, the laziness thing.
I'm still waiting for an opening with the local herp vet who apparently has tortoise experience, so maybe I can score some goo offa him whenever I can squeeze little Woodrow in to see him.

Neohippy

5 Year Member
Red Deer, AB
Well, after scouring this town left, right, and centre, it would seem there are no OTC antibiotic eye goo's for animals. Every Tom, ****, and Hairy rude clerk looked at me like I was retarded when I said I don't have an Rx for it.
Quote of the day was: "I can't sell you an over the counter medicine without a prescription." Now, maybe I have the terminology mixed up, but doesn't over the counter usually imply no prescription?
But, on the plus side, I think I may have settled my internet ordering paranoia problem: An acquaintance of mine is gonna be ordering some up for me ASAP.

M

Maggie Cummings

Neohippy said:
Well, after scouring this town left, right, and centre, it would seem there are no OTC antibiotic eye goo's for animals. Every Tom, ****, and Hairy rude clerk looked at me like I was retarded when I said I don't have an Rx for it.
Quote of the day was: "I can't sell you an over the counter medicine without a prescription." Now, maybe I have the terminology mixed up, but doesn't over the counter usually imply no prescription?
But, on the plus side, I think I may have settled my internet ordering paranoia problem: An acquaintance of mine is gonna be ordering some up for me ASAP.

I have ordered a lot of stuff off the internet for years, and never not once had a problem...now mind you, I deal with companies, not individuals. Companies don't want to lose customers, individuals will rip you off...

Status
Not open for further replies.