Painted Turtle with No Front Legs..

Skunkworks

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Coeur D Alene,ID
I've noticed a little what looks like fungus ( fuzzy) only on his tail. Does anyone know what this could be.I tried rubbing it but I think it didn't come off.

Skunkworks

Tortoise Club
Coeur D Alene,ID
Going to go to Petco to get antifungal treatment in the morning. It's not bad, Its just on his Tail.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Update:
The Painted Turtle we Rescued is Thriving. Tries to catch the feeder fish but never does.Eats freeze dried Shrimp and Basks all day.
Is that because of the missing legs? If so you did a very kind thing for it probably would not have lived very long outside

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
Update:
The Painted Turtle we Rescued is Thriving. Tries to catch the feeder fish but never does.Eats freeze dried Shrimp and Basks all day.
you should vary his/her diet a lot , they eat a lot of different stuff ......

Skunkworks

Tortoise Club
Coeur D Alene,ID
Upgrading the Turtle to a 40 gallon aquarium Petco has on sale for $59.I wanted to wait Abit until he proved to me that he is Thriving in my Care.I also purchased a PowerHead Filter hopefully it's not to Powerful for the Turtle to Swim in ( Considering). Watching it "Make Do" is an Inspiration Indeed.

Attachments

• IMG_20230623_140930.jpg
    IMG_20230623_140930.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 3

Skunkworks

Tortoise Club
Coeur D Alene,ID
Update: Got the Turtle (Stubs) all set up in his 40 Gallon Permanent Home. I wanted an all natural look for Stubs so I Piled Rock in one corner for his Basking Rock. Powerhead working Great floods the Tank with Oxygen He seems to Handle the Dept just fine.

Attachments

• VID20230627221725.mp4
    10.2 MB

odinsturtles

North Miami
Update: Got the Turtle (Stubs) all set up in his 40 Gallon Permanent Home. I wanted an all natural look for Stubs so I Piled Rock in one corner for his Basking Rock. Powerhead working Great floods the Tank with Oxygen He seems to Handle the Dept just fine.
Great job. I have a suggestion to make: I keep my turtles with tons of java moss (like lbs of it) - and they love it because it provides them plenty of hiding space + it helps filter the water. Look it up on Google and you can buy a lb of it for pretty cheap.... This is a wild turtle you took in, so it isn't used to humans, therefore it would probably benefit from being "hidden". Also, get some ghost shrimp and feeder guppies... it will get more enrichment that way (plenty of things to chase and hunt).

Good luck.

Skunkworks

Tortoise Club
Coeur D Alene,ID
Great job. I have a suggestion to make: I keep my turtles with tons of java moss (like lbs of it) - and they love it because it provides them plenty of hiding space + it helps filter the water. Look it up on Google and you can buy a lb of it for pretty cheap.... This is a wild turtle you took in, so it isn't used to humans, therefore it would probably benefit from being "hidden". Also, get some ghost shrimp and feeder guppies... it will get more enrichment that way (plenty of things to chase and hunt).

Good luck.
Hello Odin, Thanks for the advice, Will do, I ordered moss already Great Idea..

Skunkworks

Tortoise Club
Coeur D Alene,ID
Update: Stubs Front Legs are Completely Healed over.When I received him, his Front Legs were missing with Bone sticking out Now he is Healed over and his Tail is also Healed. Took awhile to Regrow the Skin but it did.

Attachments

• IMG_20230716_013247.jpg
    IMG_20230716_013247.jpg
    377.2 KB · Views: 3