Pancake female legs not working…..😳

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
North East
My female pancake is not moving around. She typically would hide for days. Come out only when nobody was around. Now she is staying in the same spot, wherever I place her. Still there the next day. But. She isn’t losing weight. Actually gaining few grams…. Looks healthy other than her legs seam to have no strength.
going to cross post in pancake thread as well.
Anyone ever have a similar situation?
I’m thinking possibly eggbound??

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
North East
My female pancake is not moving around. She typically would hide for days. Come out only when nobody was around. Now she is staying in the same spot, wherever I place her. Still there the next day. But. She isn’t losingl weight. Actually gaining few grams…. Looks healthy other than her legs seam to have no strength.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My female pancake is not moving around. She typically would hide for days. Come out only when nobody was around. Now she is staying in the same spot, wherever I place her. Still there the next day. But. She isn’t losing weight. Actually gaining few grams…. Looks healthy other than her legs seam to have no strength.
going to cross post in pancake thread as well.
Without knowing more, here are a few possibilities to consider:
1. MBD. What UV bulb are you using? What do you feed her? Calcium supplement with D3?
2. Is the male in with her? They should never live in pairs. Is she hiding all day to escape the unwanted attention of the male?
3. Small enclosure size or a lack of activity and cause their GI tract to get backed up. Exercise and long soaks can help remedy this problem. A frequent sign of constipation is back leg paralysis.
4. Large bladder stones can also cause them to not use their back legs. What is your soaking routine? Ambient humidity? Do you ever see urates from her?

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Without knowing more, here are a few possibilities to consider:
1. MBD. What UV bulb are you using? What do you feed her? Calcium supplement with D3?
2. Is the male in with her? They should never live in pairs. Is she hiding all day to escape the unwanted attention of the male?
3. Small enclosure size or a lack of activity and cause their GI tract to get backed up. Exercise and long soaks can help remedy this problem. A frequent sign of constipation is back leg paralysis.
4. Large bladder stones can also cause them to not use their back legs. What is your soaking routine? Ambient humidity? Do you ever see urates from her?
Wonder what happened here 🤔