panckake breeding program in ct.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
hi, how many people in ct. have cakes. i want to start a breeding program. i know of no one in ct. are you pancake keepers out there. if intestested just let me know. not looking for money. just trying to get a program going. thanks.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
i need cake people. are they that werid of a pet? just want to make more cakes and get some people interested in saving this little gem of a tortoise.need more tortoise and people who reilly like the breed. . even new york would be ok. would a local zoo help? what do you think?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Cakes are not that easy to come by. They don't have big clutches. I don't think we have very many members with Cakes, sadly. I only know of about 4-5 and your one of them. Hard to find them for sale too. Good luck though, hope you find someone to work with.

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
Alabama is a bit to far away to help. Though I do have 2 females, one is with my male, the other still has 2inches of growth to go before I put her in with the others. So I am breeding some myself.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I don't think there are all that many keepers of ANY species in CT. Not exactly a place with tortoise friendly weather...

I wish you the best of luck though. I hope you find lots of people and really get something going.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
If Alabama is to far , so is AZ , but I would still like to know more about your breeding program . By the way I have one pair of pancakes . And I'm looking for 1-2 more females .

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
just trying to put a few breeder together for this crazy looking little tort. have kept other torts. as a child but never bred any. dont have alot of room and only have one breeding pair. i too am looking for female cakes to keep with my pair. i have a one yr. old baby cake named ihop. also 3 eggs in the incubator ready to go. no, ct. is not a great place to breed them, but i live here for now. lol. may try the zoos around here. just would like to keep them breeding and into more homes and zoos. like to keep the last few in africa, after seeing where they come from. we need more of these amazing creatures.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
just noticed the ad above the post here. its for the roomba. thats the name of my next cake thats going to hatch anytime.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
Hi, hatched three more cakes. Bam! How lucky am I? My vet. Dr. Milos. Got baby roomba and plans to get more. So, here in ct. I am still working on getting as many people breeding this little gem.ps. it took him forever to pick one of my babies. Lol. As soon as I can post pictures, I will. Hard working my kindle .

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
Got tortoise Dr. Getting pancake and also giving him one. The more the merrier right. Got another egg . First one of the year. I know it's good. Lol. I know it's going to take years , to get this together . Pancakes may be the fastest tortoise , but the longest to breed . Not alot of babies. Oh well , still working on it . Thanks.