Pansy and dendelion frenzy!

Pure Tortoise Power

Location (City and/or State)
Hong Kong
This is the 1st week, and I'm glad to say that some dandelion seeds have sprouted. Yesterday there weren't any sprouts at all which worried me. A few day back, I put all the flower pots in the enclosure so the flowers and grass and grow faster, and that actually worked out! For the pansies, I don't know if they germinated or not, and I couldn't just dig around to recessive that may hurt the seedlings in case they actually did germinate. I added in some of Lucky's manure. Hopefully they can grow quickly.

Attachments

• IMG_20190328_110704.jpg
    IMG_20190328_110704.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 42

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
2nd week. So no signs of pansies. I don't think they made it. But the dandelions are looking good though. BTW I decided to not put in name anymore since there was a fungal growth and I don't want that to happen again. Or is there some way to prevent that? IMG_20190404_130236.jpeg

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
I know this isn't pansy or dandelion. But is this sunflower sprout withering? It's planted in 34 celcius, watered everyday1554517820179.jpeg

aqualungs

Perry, OH
93 degrees may be drying them out a bit. It can be difficult to sprout seeds with open tops. Especially seeds like Pansies, Petunias, etc they are small and are planted near the surface. Keep the soil damp, not wet, and try covering the top of the planter with Saran Wrap. It will hold in your moisture. The sprouts need that humidity to keep from drying out. Here’s my clover mix and lettuce mix I’m growing. Disposable cake and baking pans work good too. They come with clear domesIMG_2192.jpgIMG_2211.jpgIMG_2218.jpg!

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
93 degrees may be drying them out a bit. It can be difficult to sprout seeds with open tops. Especially seeds like Pansies, Petunias, etc they are small and are planted near the surface. Keep the soil damp, not wet, and try covering the top of the planter with Saran Wrap. It will hold in your moisture. The sprouts need that humidity to keep from drying out. Here’s my clover mix and lettuce mix I’m growing. Disposable cake and baking pans work good too. They come with clear domesView attachment 269071View attachment 269072View attachment 269073!
I have my seeds in closed chamber, with a humidifier. Could it be overheating since its pretty close to the heat bulb?

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
3rd week. The dandelions are thriving, they've been growing so much. However, so no signs of the pansies. Now I'm pretty sure the seeds are dead. As for the sunflowers, none have sprouted, and the one that did is withering even more. I don't understand why pansies and sunflowers can't do as well as dandelions can. Any insights? 1555045594821.jpeg1555045632734.jpeg

aqualungs

Perry, OH
Dandelions are weeds and weeds notoriously survive even when conditions are not ideal.

I was more referring to the Pansies. Dandelions also have the cover of other plant life as seedlings so it’s easy to retain moisture. It’s possible in 90+ temps and direct sunlight they would also shrivel.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
And my understanding has always been that for dandelions to sprout they require direct sunlight.