Paranoid me

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcclure

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Modesto (Northern) California
Think y'all might be proud (I say might cuz I never know what to expect here..but I adore all of you). I brought Thor in last night and noticed some dirty spots on his underside that I couldn't scrape off. As I inspected further, I noticed a pinkish tinge between the scutes (if the underside "lines" are called that). I immediately thought "yikes..shell rot??". I had a girl date planned at 730 (wine, cheese & grapes..yum) so I couldn't do any research. I was so disengaged during my date worrying about Thor. When the date was over at about 10, I immediately came inside & googled Sulcata Shell Rot. (I often google to find threads from this forum). I found one from here and there was a picture of exactly what thors looks like and learned it was new growth and to "leave it alone" (other than the dirty part..guess its just dirt). I'll be posting a pic later when it's time for him to go outside (just for confirmation). But I thought y'all might enjoy knowing that I was actually able to finally answer my own question for once!! And of course from a similar past thread here on the forum. :) Feeling a lil proud. Lol. Tata for now. :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am so proud of you *eyes mist a bit* Our member is growing up. :D

... glad it was something good wrong, not bad with Thor. You have had enough bad to last you quite some time.

jpmcclure

5 Year Member
Thanks guys. If you don't mind, I'd still like to post a pic just to be sure when it's his outside time. About 1.5hrs. I'll just post on this thread so I don't turn it into a whole new thread. Thanks. Yes Jacqui, I'm growing up. Great choice of words. Love it. :)

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
It looks like dirt... Carl gets dirt in the tiny grooves on his plastron, too... drives me nuts but he doesn't like it when I try to scrub it off so I just leave it :p

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So proud:) So nice too isn't it, that when you do find the answer, it is from this forum, and so you can have the confidence that it is correct.:)

jpmcclure

5 Year Member
I think I'll just let it be.
..and yes, it's SO nice to be able to find info on my own from THIS site that I trust with his life. Thanks guys. Reassurance has set in. I can continue working in peace. :)
Did I mention how much I love this place and ALL my people in it?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Girl date?

jpmcclure

5 Year Member
dmmj said:
Girl date?

My neighbor and I try to make it a point about once a month to make a date to sit out front, have some wine, cheese, crackers & fruit and sit and vent our woes and high points since our last date. Just a little "exhale" once/mo. Us girls need each other to spill our guts to that our husbands just wouldn't understand or have heard it all already. Lol.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
We call it "girls night out." :cool: Glad you have found your own answers. You are no longer a newbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.