Parasites??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Since maybe 2 weeks, Hermy has diarhea, I dont know if the cactus did that but since Hermy ate some cactus, he has diarhea :( every 2 or 3 days. Everytime, he is constipated for like 10 or 20 minutes, when I see that I put him in his water dish, he stays in there until everything comes out :(. Poor Hermy, his head goes in his shell like 10-15 times before the diarhea is out. Could it be parasite or just the cactus (the last time he ate cactus was 10 days ago?
I will bring a poo sample to the new vet this week end.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Isa, Hermy probably should not have diarrhea from cactus that he ate 10 days ago. I think it is smart that you are taking a sample of poo to the vet to have it checked. How are his other problems did you take him to the new vet to get checked?

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Crazy1 said:
Isa, Hermy probably should not have diarrhea from cactus that he ate 10 days ago. I think it is smart that you are taking a sample of poo to the vet to have it checked. How are his other problems did you take him to the new vet to get checked?

Robyn,
I spoke to the net vet about the brownish urines and she told me that since the vet (the last one) already made a urine culture and a blood test, it is not necessary to make another one right away. The secretary told me to put the poo in the fridge and that I have24 hours to bring it to the vet. The last vet I saw at the other clinic already told me that I had to bring it right away and to not put it in the fridge. Does anyone know which one is right?

Status
Not open for further replies.