parents/ generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
hi, just came back from my parents. total darkness. i just set up a generator, and they are sitting in the dark. they turned it off at 6;00. it was on for about 2 hours. i cant stop laughing. i dont get it. will i get like that too? im scared. 'lol' lindy

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
momo said:
hi, just came back from my parents. total darkness. i just set up a generator, and they are sitting in the dark. they turned it off at 6;00. it was on for about 2 hours. i cant stop laughing. i dont get it. will i get like that too? im scared. 'lol' lindy

Get over being a youngster....how do you KNOW that they are just sitting around in the dark? Don't count the oldsters out, they probably have a better idea of what to do with their free time than you are giving them credit for. As for me, I say....."Enjoy the dark, quiet and each other's company!"

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
exoticsdr said:
As for me, I say....."Enjoy the dark, quiet and each other's company!"

...and no kids around!! :p

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I think it is nice that you bought them a generator and care enough to check on them :). You are a great daughter!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
No doubt they were saying it for when they really needed it. :cool: I agree, your a wonderful daughter.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
exoticsdr said:
momo said:

Get over being a youngster....how do you KNOW that they are just sitting around in the dark? Don't count the oldsters out, they probably have a better idea of what to do with their free time than you are giving them credit for. As for me, I say....."Enjoy the dark, quiet and each other's company!"
just a quick note i love my parents. i quit my job to care for them. my younger brother lives with them. i love him as well. poor guy has had 3 heart atacks, and the worst form of lupus as you could have.but my father is like archie bunker meets jerry springer show. my mothers in the dark, he listening to the red soxs game. he has had central air for 6 years he used it once. hes the one who could aford to run one. i cant , but i am. i think my mother likes the dark. she can hide from my father! 'lol' lindy

CtTortoiseMom said:
I think it is nice that you bought them a generator and care enough to check on them :). You are a great daughter!!

why , i dont hear much. thank you. this is what i hear every day when i walk in the door at parents. we have to clean out the shed...cut the lawn, get 13 yard of dirt!, i need to go to stop n shop. ( every day?) i am laughting as i write this. it keeps me sane.one day i'll go over and my parents might say..... hows your life? happy? want a coffee. i do get a kick out of them and my mother is great , its archie.thats not his real name. ps, im going be 53 big ones this year! 'lol' lindy

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
CtTortoiseMom said:

thank you.

Jacqui said:
No doubt they were saying it for when they really needed it. :cool: I agree, your a wonderful daughter.

my parents just got power! let there be light! less worried now! now they can work on my power, I GUESS! THANKS, LINDY

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Also means you could take your showers at their house. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.