Pearly's Cherryhead baby has been found

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
Hey guys! Here to share fabulous news! Our baby Tucker was found late this afternoon, after having been gone for 4 weeks! He's all in one piece, just feels little lighter, legs little skinnier and very very dirty! But not a scratch on him! Walking and eating, took a long warm bath and could not get enough of his warm humid nursery. Tonight he went to sleep in the warmer hide. I think the cool temps is what bothered him the most. Me and the kids were crying tears of joy. We'll be doing lots of soaking and increased feedings for next couple of weeks. For now he really looks ok, clear open eyes, clear nostrils, outside of the mouth looks clean, will need to try catch him yawn to look inside, his shell looked ok at first glance. I had to leave my husband and kids with him, I was literally out the door when he had turned up. I'll take a good look at him tomorrow during his bath with good lighting and will try to gently brush some of the dirt from the grooves in his shell and check him for cracks and dings. I'll take and post pics of him and the spot where he was found tomorrow. Thank you ALL for your encouragement and support through those hard 4 weeks. You guys were giving me hope that fueled perseverance in my search effort and not giving up even after everyone else around me was ready to close this chapter and move on. Thank you❤️

Pearly

5 Year Member
He says it multiple times, You need to watch it again so you can celebrate finding your tort!!

Ahhh yes yes! I remember now! I just had to laugh to myself as a little thought flew through my early morning brain. I thought to myself: I guess I'll always think of you as "my TFO-kinomaniac friend". Hope this doesn't offend you. I thought it was funny. You gave me some good laughs with those accents. My imagination is still pretty vivid despite my age and I tend to picture some catchy ideas in my head. Thank you for making me laugh

Pearly

5 Year Member
I can't believe you are going to make us all wait. Oh well at least we are waiting for good news.
I know! I have so much going on! Friend of mine (young woman single mother of young boys) just had devastating stroke. I was going to the hospital yesterday to see her and assess the damage when Tucker was found so I had to relinquish him to my daughter to soak, clean and look him over. I just prepared his favorite food (and lots of it!) and left. Now it's still dark and the nabies are sleeping in their nice warm and humid nursery. I'm getting ready to wake up my "little brigade" and get them ready for school. Once they are out the door it's daylight and I can get to the babies. I will describe every relevant detail in hopes of helping another desperately missing and searching tort keeper

Pearly

5 Year Member
That is amazing news! I can't wait for the update!
Soon my Friend! And pictures. I wish I had thought of taking them yesterday when my husband showed me what he was holding in his hands. I was so shocked! And Tucker looked sooo.., different! Dirty and somehow darker! For a few seconds I though he was somebody else's tort. But whose???!!! No one around here has tortoises that I know of! Anyway, in shock and pressed for time I didn't think of taking pics yesterday but I will today of him and the place where he was found. Thanks for sticking around❤️