Pearly's Cherryhead baby has been found

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
Great news!
I never had a doubt.
I know! You and few others kept lifting my spirits every time I felt like giving up. Especially when the electric bill came for 170$! It's a lot for us in winter. My husband was mad and started unplugging the heat lamps outside and I went behind him plugging them back in... what can I say, marriage of 23.5 years! Nothing seems weird anymore! In the end he was the one who finds the baby! And maybe that was meant to be because now he (husband) seems to be much more interested in his child's hobby. My 11 yr old daughter owns the babies but I'm the one who's daily on this forum. Figures! But, yes, Ed, your encouragement and faith helped me so much. Thank you❤️

Pearly

5 Year Member
He looks great :). They both are beautiful. I can't imagine the pain you dealt with these 4 weeks. Glad it's over.
Thank you! Yes! It was tearing me up to know he was out there cold, hungry, scared and stressed out. Yet, you guys kept reminding me how resilient these animals are and that kept me hoping and going. It may have been that his survival was only possible thanks to those heat lamps I insisted on keeping out there. My husband said that when he found him, Tucker was facing the house as if going from the garden area towards the garage... Who knows? Now I can only speculate and be happy to have that baby home. Thanks again

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I love this story. It's a story of resilience, survival, and LOVE!!!!!

Pearly

5 Year Member
I love this story. It's a story of resilience, survival, and LOVE!!!!!
Thank you! We are still in a state of shock (the good kind). I finally got to weigh him yesterday. Was convinced there would be weight loss... But there wasn't! He was last weight 6 wks ago was 164 grams and yesterday he was 190 grams! Not bad for a homeless, starving bum

Pearly

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1456937788.917920.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1456937805.563870.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1456937922.317041.jpg bad boy, bad boy!!!! but as you can see looking really ok, just very dry. Also wanted to report that he's been at the water dish all the time and in bath he puts his head under water to drink like a competitive swimmer. Urine is no longer dark. I am relieved!

DandR

Tortoise Club
Hawaii
Fantastic news! I was watching your thread and getting really sad. Every evening my husband asked "Did they find Tucker?" We're very happy for all of you!

Pearly

5 Year Member
:)I'm sure he missed that TLC;)
I bet! He is my shy one, but ever since his adventure his personality has become somewhat bolder. Yesterday we took them outside for a while, he just took off, like coming back home revisiting old familiar places. I still call him a "bad boy"!

Pearly

5 Year Member
He's beautiful!
Thank you! I am most tickled about his weight. I thought surely he'd be emaciated, dehydrated, sick with RI.... And he... was just filthy dirty! Instead of losing weight he gained a little! Not much but staying in line within his growth rate curve. I just feel so lucky to have him back!!!

Pearly

5 Year Member
Fantastic news! I was watching your thread and getting really sad. Every evening my husband asked "Did they find Tucker?" We're very happy for all of you!
Omg I just saw your location!!!! One of the places in the World I haven't seen yet and would like to:) thank you again so mu for thinking of us and please thank your husband, too, i strongly believe in power of positive energy of thought (as in wishes or prayer), and know that all of you guys surrounding my little Tucker with your thought/wish/intent had o lot to do with his return home. Thank you

Pearly

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1457094633.201395.jpg yesterday in my garden. Look how easy it is not to find them. You guys have told me to get down on my 4's and now I know to do that, but I trusted my eyes more before, when Tucker ran away my bad boy. Here both of them are below the red petunia.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
View attachment 166734 yesterday in my garden. Look how easy it is not to find them. You guys have told me to get down on my 4's and now I know to do that, but I trusted my eyes more before, when Tucker ran away my bad boy. Here both of them are below the red petunia.

Oh, it's even more befuddling when you have one 'disappear' in just grass, on what appears to be flat land. You see just how effective their camouflage is.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Oh, it's even more befuddling when you have one 'disappear' in just grass, on what appears to be flat land. You see just how effective their camouflage is.
Yeap! I'll have to start taping baloons or some other marker to them when out. I do want them to enjoy exploring my garden which has been clean of chemicals for many years, since I stopped using chemicals. Before, when I was a brand new to gardening, I wanted pretty roses and stuff and thought I had to spray at first sign of black spot or aphids, or anything else.... Well, over the years I've learned to share my garden with caterpillars, birds, bugs... I'm glad I did that bcs now my tort babies can enjoy this "garden of eden"

keepergale

5 Year Member
san diego
Probably once a week I "lose" one of my tortoises in its enclosure. After not finding one of the tortoises I start thinking somehow one is gone. Remarkable camouflage.