Porbandar
Hi my tortoise is very choosy in food, she eats only few particular foods
French beans
Bottle ground
Ladies finger
Tomato

I saw online tortoise food zilla land tortoise food and purchased it
And she is love with this
Since i started giving she refused every other food and only like this.

But problem is this food cause some weird color sticky thing in urnine which is same color of this food she eats. Is it extra protein which she can't observed.. ? so i am worried should i stop giving her this food or is it normal?

2019-01-30-19-12-25-824.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Actually, the pellet food is a much better nutrition for your tortoise than the fresh food you're feeding

Bottle gourd is ok as part of a varied diet, and fed only occasionally
bottle gourd.jpg

French beans should only be fed occasionally:
french beans.jpg

Lady finger is a pretty good food for your tortoise:
lady finger.jpeg

Tomato is actually a fruit and your tortoise shouldn't be eating fruit:
tomato.jpg

Have you seen this thread:

https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/calling-on-indian-star-owners-residing-in-india.68875/#post-648686

If you read through the thread you can pick up some tips on finding tortoise food in India.

Dipu0076

Porbandar
Even she enjoy eating those pelletes but what about the sticky sand color things in urinate

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
@Dipu0076 The pellet food is the best of the foods you are currently offering your tortoise. It does contain spirulina and iron. These are included to help produce better colors in the animal that eats them. The also can cause a color in the waste. Nothing to worry about.

I would try to broaden the diet of your tortoise and get more leafy greens in the diet. That should be a main part of the diet. Also add some grasses. If you can get some opuntia/prickley pear/nopales cactus that is a great addition to the diet as well and has a very high calcium content. Find weeds in your area that are in areas you know are not sprayed with chemicals. Look them up or post pictures here and see if you can find some good weeds that are available and you can add to the diet.

Dipu0076

Porbandar
Today I soak my tortoise in warm water . And gave the same pallete food . But after few hours what i see was unbelievable... She popped all the pallete food which was like 4-5 days of food It was liquid solid form.. I have never seen her to extract such thing before. I am unable to understand if it was urine or pooped it

Kindly guide me .

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Today I soak my tortoise in warm water . And gave the same pallete food . But after few hours what i see was unbelievable... She popped all the pallete food which was like 4-5 days of food It was liquid solid form.. I have never seen her to extract such thing before. I am unable to understand if it was urine or pooped it

Kindly guide me .
Tortoises have just one opening (cloaca) and they pee and poop from the same opening. So these things are mixed. Without a picture, it is hard to really tell what you are referring to, but seeing a mixture of feces and urates is common.