Personalities (what your torts)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
MICHIGAN
I think its funny how my tortoises have different personality and different issues. So i thought it would be fun to start a thread so everyone can see. ( i have adopted all my tortoises) So...

Chewy (40 pound sulcata) He is amazing. he comes when i call him. He eats right out of my hand! He will follow me around a room or the yeard. He is hard headed to. If he is determined to do it he will do it. No matter how you block or try to stop him. lol

Leo- (leopard) He is more shy, Likes to hide more...He less active than Chewey but is still pretty active. He likes to Dig holes. Loves food time! Will follow for food.

Squirt - (russian) Very intellegent. comes when i call him. but very determined to do his own thing. Loves to motorcross on me. Hes sweet. He likes his hide a lot. and if i pull out his hide a box to clean it out, or underneath it. If its out of a the cage..He will pick up his plate and hide underneath it. He Also likes to be a dare devil and try to escape he climbs walls and will flip him self over or get his self stuck trying to find a way out of his enclosure.

Houdini (russian) This is the latest one i adopted. He was the skilled rehome russian. He is doing well. and i am getting to know him. Hes shy, and sweet. Likes to hide alot. But will come out and pop his head up when you talk to him. He also has escaped from his enclosure 7 times. I have gone through 2 enclosures modifying to keep him in. hense the name Houdini...lol

motero

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Edward just loves to stay deep in his burrow, very unsocial.

sara

5 Year Member
Wyoming
Bert has an attitude. He likes to sneak up to new people and bite them. He likes to be adventurous. Lately he has been attempting escapes but i have been catching him at it. Sometimes I can tell i am irritateing him, and other times he just likes to cuddle up to me and be petted. And other times he likes to follow me around. Just depends on his mood that day.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Tank 2 yr old sulcata, loves to chase my toes. He digs in the corner every evening and sleeps in late. Loves all food, never turns anything down. Lana is a rescue and is 5-7 years old sulcata. She had a rough life before I got her but she is so trusting. She has MBD but is doing much better now. I walk her up and down the sidewalk and she follows me wherever I go. Lana has become a star in my small town and people stop to take pics and ask questions. Lana loves to be scratched under her chin, she will stretch her neck out as far as she can and close her eyes. I love my tort kids and spoil them :)

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Jennifer is the epitome of a sweetheart...very friendly and like to sit in someone's lap and have her throat rubbed...for as long as you'll do it for her. Always willing to eat out of your hand, and if let outside her enclosure, never strays more than 10' away.

Ptolemy...let me be as polite as I can...wants so bad to mate anything/everything he sees...Jennifer, my daughter's Ornate box turtles Orion and Andromeda (and Orion, the male Ornate, is NOT too thrilled about that!...Andromeda just runs away when she sees him), my shoe, the dogs, my mini-pig, the goats, the chickens...puberty is in full swing, and so is he! The little dude is so h*rny, the crack of dawn isn't safe! :D

Orion is very aloof, most of the time, unless he sees/smells strawberries, at which point he becomes Mr. Friendly, he's such a con-man! :rolleyes:

Andromeda is a lot like Jennifer, in that she likes to be petted and is pretty enthusiastic about sucking up to us for treats. ;)

Marty333

10 Year Member!
Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near
Chevy is a very inquisitive and curious little 3 month old Sulcata! He loves just to look around!!! He also is a big eater I swear if I could fill his whole tank with romaine lettuce it would be gone in the morning!!! Since I just adopted him I still have much to learn but I bet he is going to grow to be a Outgoing Curious Sulcata!!!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Well, as of right now I have 18... So I am not going to wax garrulous about each one of them, I would be here all day ;)

My big Redfoot girls are the most outgoing, and my biggest Hingeback girls are the most shy. Each one is a bit different, I will say that.

BethyB1022

5 Year Member
I think Ichabod is quite the ladies man, he has managed to charm all my friends. He enjoys marching around like a tiny dinosaur and showing off his handsome self. :)

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
I love to see how they all have different personalitys. you can also see trends in certain species to..so will help determine what species of tort to adopt next LOL

Becki

5 Year Member
Albuquerque
"the crack of dawn isn't safe".....too funny!

George is one laid back little guy...do what you want, he could care less.

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
my Tobi is a little devil!!!! he is always trying to climb this one corner no matter what I do to block it, he flips over but never seems to learn his lesson.. he is not that friendly w/ me but loooooooooooooves my husband, he could care less of what i do and right now he is mad at me i think since he ignored me all day. Breaks my heart.. oh he is only 2 and half months old sulcata

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
RV is a love. hard headed, sure. will knock on the patio door looking for a way in or to announce she is wanting treats. Once she has something special, she sits in the shady area where she can see into the house, as if to say "are you coming out again?". Today I did and she loves her pets. I was stroking all around her head, chin and legs and she went to sleep. Trusting.

zucresized.jpg

golly I love this tort!

Carina and Stu

5 Year Member
Stu is a 3 year old Hermanns tortoise. He loves to be out and stomping around the house. He is very adventurous - likes to climb things and can be quite "moody" sometimes, headbutting anything that gets in his way! His full name is Disco Stu - I named him this because with his headbutting and bum wiggling he looks like he is dancing! :) He is quite picky with food - prefering to eat his treats before the proper salad etc. Now I hold the treats back until he has eaten some of his food, but he knows the trick now and will often try to get away with not eating his food in case he has treats coming! He will also not eat his food if the cacium supplement is sprinkled over it (apart from his treats of course!!) Stu is very loving and although he is very active, he also likes to be petted and have a hug. He loves to be spoken to and will often poke his head up to look at you when you do so! Stu is so amazing and I can't help but smile when I think about him :D

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
Carina and Stu said:
Stu is a 3 year old Hermanns tortoise. He loves to be out and stomping around the house. He is very adventurous - likes to climb things and can be quite "moody" sometimes, headbutting anything that gets in his way! His full name is Disco Stu - I named him this because with his headbutting and bum wiggling he looks like he is dancing! :) He is quite picky with food - prefering to eat his treats before the proper salad etc. Now I hold the treats back until he has eaten some of his food, but he knows the trick now and will often try to get away with not eating his food in case he has treats coming! He will also not eat his food if the cacium supplement is sprinkled over it (apart from his treats of course!!) Stu is very loving and although he is very active, he also likes to be petted and have a hug. He loves to be spoken to and will often poke his head up to look at you when you do so! Stu is so amazing and I can't help but smile when I think about him :D

that is so great! all the speciaes and how there personalities are different. But the parents are the same they just love there little guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.