Pesticides??

Benjtort

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
So my sulcata is coming of size to be introduced to the great outdoors! I’m going to build an out door enclosure this summer and am wondering if I Should be worried of my neighbor using pesticides and the big man using his bug killing spray outside? Thanks!

Benjtort

Texas
I haven’t used pesticides in a pesticides in a long time on my yard

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would worry about both. If the pesticide is just in the neighbors yard and doesn't spray over to your yard or run over due to rain then you should be safe. But if the big guy spraying, sprays into your yard or blow over while he's spray then you better worry. I'd check into your local laws and see if something can be done about it. If someone sprayed anything that came into my yard, they'd have a big problem on their hands. If you can't stop them, then I would make sure they notified you when it was happening. Then keep your tort inside while you water your yard every day for a couple weeks. While trying to also find out they used and how long it's suppose to last and water really good for that amount of time. You could also try to cover your torts yard with a tarp so it doesn't get on his area.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So my sulcata is coming of size to be introduced to the great outdoors! I’m going to build an out door enclosure this summer and am wondering if I Should be worried of my neighbor using pesticides and the big man using his bug killing spray outside? Thanks!
Who is "the Big Man"?

Yes. I agree. All pesticides are potentially dangerous. There shouldn't be anything like that in your tortoise's area.