Pestisides

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAC8671

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego CA
We live in military housing so we don't have a lot of say on what goes on in our yards (none in the front yards, very little in the backyards). Our block is up next for pest control. They tell us the dogs (and people) can't be outside in the back for 4-5 hours. But what about Ralph? I know he needs to be kept off the grass for a few months after any type of spraying or fertilizer. I am going to request they don't spray on his half of the yard. They aren't spraying the grass, only the fences and the house. But the spray will eventually get on the grass near the fences. One wall of his enclosure is the fence to my neighbor's house. So I was hoping to put up a plastic sheet on my side of the fence so when they spray the neighbor's side, the spray won't go through. He pretty much has the roam of the back yard when he's out of his enclosure. We thought about putting up cinder blocks as a barrier so he can't get near the fence. Will this be enough of a barrier? Inside the cinder blocks we wanted to plant some tortoise friendly flowers, using organic soil. Since the cinder blocks will be on top of the "possibly" sprayed grass, will the flowers we plant be affected?

Any suggestions?

***Side question*** Is there organic fertilizer? I have some dead grass and want to clean it up. The gardener said all I need is fertlizer, but haven't put anything out yet because I want it safe for Ralph.

aktech23

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
no advice on the pesticide, but have you considered a bag of compost for fertilizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.