Pet Food Recall includes Turtle Mazuri

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymizz

5 Year Member
It is late here, but from that link I could not find the Mazuri Tortoise Diet listed??

Also, I have a 25lb bag that is labeled June 2012 with the #3 at the end, which from my understanding indicates it is from the Richmond plant where they are having issues. It doesn't appear that June is a bad production month, but it is darn close. Should I return this product or feel relatively safe (as safe with anything these days..)?

Thanks

RonHays

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oxford, Ms
I really hate this. My torts love this stuff and it's a part of their regular diet.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I bought a big bag of AquaMax a couple months ago...I think its from the time of the recall. And I take the stuff out and store it in the freezer in zip lock baggies, then toss the big empty bag. So I'm not able to see the numbers on the original packaging.

Can anyone tell me what effects my tortoise might suffer from being fed food with too much vitamin D?

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Im in the same boat Yvonne, I don't keep the bag.

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
When I bought mine it was repackaged at a local reptile store, he had split up larger bags into small ones and sold me a small one for our little one. I didn't see the tortoise diet on the recall list unless I'm blind.

mightymizz

5 Year Member
I called the number listed in the OP regarding my June 25lb bag of tortoise Mazuri. The lady said that the Tortoise food hasn't yet been on the list of recall, and that my June produced bag "should" be fine.

Just FYI

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
If everything keeps going on recall how could she say it should be fine.
I bought a bag here in Canada they rebag them so I don't have a date anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.