Pet Insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cathy L

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Coast of California
I never new how expensive vets were until I brought my chameleon to the local exotic pet vet last year. I was telling my husband about the member's post (I forget her name) about her tort needing bladder surgery and my husband suggested we get pet insurance for my Dribble. We bought some for my daughter for her dog because we were afraid that if the dog had something serious she would drop out of school and spend her student loan money getting it taken care of. So my question is this: Does anyone have pet insurance for their tort?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
They offer pet insurance, unsure if it is cost effective.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I haven't heard of pet insurance for a tort, but I agree with Greg, not sure how cost effect it would be for a tort...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Cathy:

My suggestion would be to just open a new savings account and put a few bucks into it every pay day. It takes will power, but you can do it. And don't touch it unless you have a vet bill.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I agree with Yvonne. Open an HSA or IRA. Talk to your bank and tell them what it is for and they will be able to help you pick the best place to put your money that hopefully will have time to earn a little interest.

I currently have pet insurance for my dog for emergency type stuff only. So I am not against the idea if it is cost effective.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
I Never Knew You Could Get Tort Insurance!
Yvonnes Idea Sounds Great Tho :)

Status
Not open for further replies.