Pet Sitter For Tortoises's In The UK

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello Natrah - you said you are a music teacher - what instrument, or instruments do you teach?
I used to have piano lessons as a child, but I was useless. My teacher was an old lady in the next village, who used to keep her dead stuffed dog under the piano. She was given a fancy Christmas cake every year, and kept it under a bell-jar by the piano until the next one arrived - at which point she would start eating the old one. I had one or two small bits over time, and it was still good - but the icing was very hard !! Also I remember I used to cut her small lawn for her, and she would give me a drink of rhubarb juice as a reward !!
I don't suppose you are like her at all, somehow !! Zola is still out with his dad it is quite windy, so I hope they haven't blown off the cliff !
Angie xx

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello again - Zola is safely back, and his dad, of course.
I have just been reading in the paper that learning a musical instrument as a child helps to keep your mind sharp when you are old !
Angie xx

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Hello again - Zola is safely back, and his dad, of course.
I have just been reading in the paper that learning a musical instrument as a child helps to keep your mind sharp when you are old !
Angie xx
Dear Angie,

Yes I read that too. I teach Piano and Violin and I give stars to the younger pupils and sometimes sweets. At Xmas time I get given a whole load of chocs.

I'm pleased Zola and his dad are safely back.

Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
Just put the girls back outside. Feel a bit guilty about bringing them in but it's not easy in a flat.

Natrah

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Just put the girls back outside. Feel a bit guilty about bringing them in but it's not easy in a flat.

Natrah
You can only do your best, and you do a very good job, despite all the difficulties. They are contented and have a good life with you. They are lucky girls to have lived so many years with such kind and loving carers.
I often think about what is going to happen to Zola in the future, as Richard and I are getting old, and Zola will need a new carer - we don't have any family who can take him. Whoever has him can very likely have our house too - that way he could keep his conservatory. But one can't make plans too far ahead, as people's lives change all the time.
Zola sends his regards to your ladies - and to you, of course.
Angie xx

MaNaAk

Southend
You can only do your best, and you do a very good job, despite all the difficulties. They are contented and have a good life with you. They are lucky girls to have lived so many years with such kind and loving carers.
I often think about what is going to happen to Zola in the future, as Richard and I are getting old, and Zola will need a new carer - we don't have any family who can take him. Whoever has him can very likely have our house too - that way he could keep his conservatory. But one can't make plans too far ahead, as people's lives change all the time.
Zola sends his regards to your ladies - and to you, of course.
Angie xx
Thankyou Angie. I'm thinking about that as well. They've been very good today.

Jacky and Daisy have gone to bed but they send their regards.

Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning everyone.

My night away is all booked now and I'm satisfied that Jacky and Daisy will be okay for one night. When I get back I need to consider the possibility that Daisy may not hibernate again this winter. Those of you that have followed my other threads will know that she is nearly 80 and has unfertilised eggs and joint issues. She has been in this family for 72 years and I have looked after her and Jacky for 14 years. It will be expensive but I don't have children and I will invest in them as if they are my children. I live on my own and they are my world (one day I hope that I am able to provide them with a private garden again).

MaNaAk

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Good morning everyone.

My night away is all booked now and I'm satisfied that Jacky and Daisy will be okay for one night. When I get back I need to consider the possibility that Daisy may not hibernate again this winter. Those of you that have followed my other threads will know that she is nearly 80 and has unfertilised eggs and joint issues. She has been in this family for 72 years and I have looked after her and Jacky for 14 years. It will be expensive but I don't have children and I will invest in them as if they are my children. I live on my own and they are my world (one day I hope that I am able to provide them with a private garden again).

MaNaAk
Jacky and Daisy are very lucky tortoises to have you.
I hope you will take a photo of your bathroom when you get back, as I expect they will have fun in your absence !!
Angie xx

MaNaAk

Southend
Jacky and Daisy are very lucky tortoises to have you.
I hope you will take a photo of your bathroom when you get back, as I expect they will have fun in your absence !!
Angie xx
Thankyou Angie it will probably be trashed.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Southend
Just given a spare key to the neighbours and they are also looking in on Jacky and Daisy.

MaNaAk

PS: The neighbour had tortoises as a child

AmandaF

Congresbury
Good evening everyone.

I might be going away for night and was wondering whether anyone here has ever had a pet sitter for their tortoises's. I can't ask family because I don't get on with my brother although I may be able to get a friend to take Jacky and Daisy. When I'm out during the day Jacky and Daisy generally stay in the bathroom where there is no chance of them damaging electrics and I have generally come back and found them asleep.

MaNaAk

AmandaF

Congresbury
Good evening everyone.

I might be going away for night and was wondering whether anyone here has ever had a pet sitter for their tortoises's. I can't ask family because I don't get on with my brother although I may be able to get a friend to take Jacky and Daisy. When I'm out during the day Jacky and Daisy generally stay in the bathroom where there is no chance of them damaging electrics and I have generally come back and found them asleep.

MaNaAk
If we lived closer, we would look after Jacky & Daisy.

love Ernie x

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Just given a spare key to the neighbours and they are also looking in on Jacky and Daisy.

MaNaAk

PS: The neighbour had tortoises as a child
It seems like you have got everything pretty well organised - we do hope you will have a good journey, and a lovely time when you see your friend again. We shall be thinking of you, and Zola will be sending special "Behave Yourselves " messages by tortoise telepathy to Jacky and Daisy at intervals -one of his many special talents !
Hope all goes well
Angie and Zola xxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone.

We have all had a great party.

Jacky, Daisy and MaNaAk

PS: Guess who cleared up!

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Good evening everyone.

We have all had a great party.

Jacky, Daisy and MaNaAk

PS: Guess who cleared up!
My mum and I are very glad everything went well.
Love from Zola and Angie xxx

LJL1982

UK
Good evening everyone.

MaNaAk
I'm not a mad fan of doing it (and never have), for short term like one night I think unnecessary, but our local reptile store boards for £3 per tortoise per night.

Since tortoises can manage without food and only real risk in 24hrs is being upside down for whole period if really can't self right, I have asked a "not pet orientated" neighbour to pop in and keep in simple...just check if they are up the right way, and not worry about anything else.

Whereabouts are you UK?