petsmart listened!

DayDreamer

Location (City and/or State)
San Juan PR
So I went to Petsmart yesterday to pick up some cat food, treats, toys all that good stuff. and there was the sweetest little red footed just beautiful. every time my daughter went up to the glass he'd go walking over to her. I was so close to just taking him home! however we got our order in with a guy here for another tortoise so I had to talk myself out of it.

but his water dish was HUGE not even one of the horrible ones with the ramp he couldnt even get to it... we saw him trying to climp up to get to the water and he just couldnt the water was way to deep. I found someone working there and told them that they really needed to change the water dish and with in 5 mins they got a different shallow one and changed it and also gave the lil guy a bigger hide (he couldnt fit into it)

I will give them the credit of how well he was fed (proper food in a big petstore! i was surprised) and how beautiful his shell was!

still want to go take him home though just because of that personality, never seen any petstore reptiles be so interested in people we are gunna go visit him today and make sure that crappy water dish isnt back in there

hdeaver1

Yay! I am actually, newly, surprised at the lack of knowledge a pet store has about the animals they carry. I used to think they were experts and then I got my tortoise and found out that so many things they told me were way off base!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Kudos to you. That's exactly what I keep telling people to do, speak up for the animals. They can't do it for themselves. If you get the right person, most will probably make the changes if it's not going to cost them too much. You set a great example for your child too. You should feel very proud and good.

Instinct

5 Year Member
Upstate New York
Glad to hear the associate changed the dish right then and there. I hope they made a note to inform the other employees that the dish must be shallow.

I work at my local PetSmart so it is nice to hear when others are doing well at their jobs. :)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Thank you for taking action and reporting. Thank you! ! !

DayDreamer

San Juan PR
went back today and they changed all the tortoise enclosures for the other dishes (all of the others were empty but they still switched it out)
def. happy with how awesome the employees are at this store. thought id share with u all and give u a little update :) if it weren't for you guys on this forum i prob. wouldnt have had the guts to say anything

HJ1983

New York City
That's pretty awesome. You inspired me to go talk to the petco down the block. It also gives me a chance to check out the very light colored Russian they have there. If space were not limited I would buy it just because of its coloring. But they have good humidity and heat and the food looks fresh. However they have that trap ramp water dish.