Phil

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Balto. MD
Welcome to TFO, if you would like to share some pictures of your tortoise would be nice to see. I have a male Sulcata named Sammy, about to turn 5yrs old in December. Weighing just over 52lbs.

Attachments

• 20220629_205829.jpg
    20220629_205829.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3

phejr

visalia CA.
Welcome to TFO, if you would like to share some pictures of your tortoise would be nice to see. I have a male Sulcata named Sammy, about to turn 5yrs old in December. Weighing just over 52lbs.
Thanks Warren, I'll post some pictures when I get a chance. She's about 80 lbs. What I'm really looking for is someone with many years of Sulcata experience who can give me some advise. She has serious medical issues. Had surgery twice. I'm hoping to get some feedback on verbal noises she's making. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks,
Phil

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Thanks Warren, I'll post some pictures when I get a chance. She's about 80 lbs. What I'm really looking for is someone with many years of Sulcata experience who can give me some advise. She has serious medical issues. Had surgery twice. I'm hoping to get some feedback on verbal noises she's making. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks,
Phil
There are plenty of experience people and breeders with alot of good advice, I've learned alot from TFO. Just be patient and you will receive plenty of advice and links to care sheets for your Sulcata I sure "Tom" will chime in soon.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. Give as much info as possible about what is wrong with her, how long, and anything else you think will help someone understand what your concerns are. The two members I listed below is probably the most experience in here with sulcatas

@Tom
@Yvonne G
Both have had sulcatas for many many years. Yvonne also ran a rescue, and seen a lot of bad tortoise things.

phejr

visalia CA.
There are plenty of experience people and breeders with alot of good advice, I've learned alot from TFO. Just be patient and you will receive plenty of advice and links to care sheets for your Sulcata I sure "Tom" will chime in soon.
awesome. thanks !

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Phil
What are the problems you've had? Sulcatas are pretty hardy when fed and housed correctly, but most of the advice on housing and feeding that is given is wrong.

phejr

visalia CA.
Here ya go...... she's a fashion model !!

Attachments

• spike lawn (1).jpg
    spike lawn (1).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • 2 torts.jpg
    2 torts.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • spike pool.jpg
    spike pool.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3