Phoebe going to bed very early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watermelon

5 Year Member
My hermann has started going to sleep around 4pm in the afternoon!

The light turns on in the morning at 7:30am and turns off 8:00pm at night. When I first got her she would go to sleep at 8:00pm, now for some reason shes goes to bed early, is she starting to hibernate?

I use a 160w megaray mercury vapour lamp and she is about 10 months old.

Any advice I'd appreciate

X

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
spain
It all depends on the outside temps, at the moment here in Spain the temps are around 35 celcius so mine get up eat bathe, they will wander for a while then about 4 they are all asleep.
Don't forget a tort, depending on the species spends around 80% of their life underground and asleep.

If your tort is eating well, hydrated,clear eyes and a pinky tongue then I should not worry unduly..

Watermelon

5 Year Member
Thank you, yes she is well hydrated, has a nice pink tongue etc. I just dont know why shes going to sleep 4 hours earlier than a few weeks ago. :S

Maybe I am worrying for nothing! :)

X

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Yep, my littles go to bed early too. For that matter Lou even goes to bed early! Now that it is so hot, they have been staying outside until 7pm.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
my sulcatas were out late last night.. it was too hot earlier to be out.. they Estivate. out in the morn, siesta all day, then back out at dusk.

Status
Not open for further replies.