Phoenix Reptile Expo and TTPG Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
ReptileShow.jpg

Some good events coming up for AZ residents.

It's also a good time of year if we wanted to do an AZ forum member get together. Any interest? We tried last year, but it didn't seem to work out.

Doesn't look like the TTPG conference has much tortoise stuff lined up yet, but that could change in a couple of months. The show is usually decent for supplies and OK for tortoises.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I am definitely going to the show and conference this year. I got to go to the show the past few years but have been missing the conferences unfortunately. I'm also interested in an AZ get together. It seems like everyone has leopards here in AZ so I think if we did some sort of white elephant elephant type gift exchange with everyone bringing a baby leopard this get together would be unmatched by any others on this forum. How cool would that be?

JensenEmpire

5 Year Member
Phoenix
I should be there, it's not too far from where I live! I love going to reptile expo's

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
I want to go....but snakes REALLY freak me out! I'm kinda scared to go if they are going to be all over the place and not in enclosures of some sort. Do people just carry them around?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
For the most part, they are all in cages for display. I'm sure they will be taken out from time to time...but they don't crawl around all over the place, someone will be handling them when they are out of their cages.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Neal said:
For the most part, they are all in cages for display. I'm sure they will be taken out from time to time...but they don't crawl around all over the place, someone will be handling them when they are out of their cages.

Well,as long as no one shoves one in front of me I should be good! I think it sounds like fun!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Maybe I will try and make it this year. I keep getting pressured into going for the conference, and speaking, but I dont like doing that sort of thing. I would mainly go for the expo.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
tortadise said:
Maybe I will try and make it this year. I keep getting pressured into going for the conference, and speaking, but I dont like doing that sort of thing. I would mainly go for the expo.

You should go. As of a few weeks ago they were searching for quite a few more speakers and most of what they have lined up is just turtle stuff!

Plus, you'll get to see your pal Nealio. We could go to lunch if you pay! :)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Neal said:
tortadise said:

You should go. As of a few weeks ago they were searching for quite a few more speakers and most of what they have lined up is just turtle stuff!

Plus, you'll get to see your pal Nealio. We could go to lunch if you pay! :)

Haha yeah. I always get hounded by CTTC director for articles and to speak. I would have no clue where to begin on what to talk about. Maybe all of them. Im way better at just taking care of them and breeding them then talking about them. I dunno maybe one day I will write a nice thesis on chacos or something people really dont know alot about. And oh no lunch would be on you sir. HA

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
tortadise said:
And oh no lunch would be on you sir. HA

Huh, you must have saw Neal's shirt after he has eaten before...*whistling as I very quickly walk away before Neal reads this*

... I know, I can go and you both can buy MY lunch. Now see how easy that was to figure out? :p :D

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Neal, is there ever anyone (vendor) there that builds tort sheds? I might go and take one of my grandkids if there is any interest by any of them.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Jacqui said:
... I know, I can go and you both can buy MY lunch. Now see how easy that was to figure out? :p :D

Jacqui, if you show up I will buy your lunch! Hope you like Peanut Butter and Jelly Samiches.

DesertGrandma said:
Neal, is there ever anyone (vendor) there that builds tort sheds? I might go and take one of my grandkids if there is any interest by any of them.

I'm not aware of anyone that builds tortoise sheds. I'm sure someone will have a couple of those little zoomed tortoise houses.

I think you just gave away a million dollar idea. ;) j/k

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Neal said:
Jacqui said:

Jacqui, if you show up I will buy your lunch! Hope you like Peanut Butter and Jelly Samiches.

Wif grape jelly? huh huh? :D Oh boy! Home cookin'! Actually I do love PB&Js. :D Would be a change from the PB and honey ones I have been living on all summer to save money. :cool:

taytay3391

5 Year Member
Iowa, USA
Neal said:

I'm not aware of anyone that builds tortoise sheds. I'm sure someone will have a couple of those little zoomed tortoise houses.

I think you just gave away a million dollar idea. ;) j/k

I just had a thread about those tort houses, they're really small?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Oh, if you're talking about those zoomed tortoise houses...there's a chance someone would have one of those. You could speak with one of the vendors that sell them normally and are registered to attend the show to see if they will have any with them.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
As far as I know theres nothing like that at the show, or at least there hasnt been before. If there is going to be someone like that I would be interested as well. Have you checked the wooden sheds at Home Depot or Lowes out Joy?

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Eweezyfosheezy said:
As far as I know theres nothing like that at the show, or at least there hasnt been before. If there is going to be someone like that I would be interested as well. Have you checked the wooden sheds at Home Depot or Lowes out Joy?

Yeah, I have looked at the wooden sheds before at Lowe's. I am looking at one of the rubbermaid ones now, wondering if it would fit the bill. Trying to figure out if it can be insulated for winter use as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.