PHOTOGRAPHERS PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rustybread

5 Year Member
I am a sixteen year old photographer and I'm not exactly sure on a price range. Someone is looking to buy the rights of two of my photographs. I have never sold the rights to photos, so I don't want to price it too high & have the buyer lose interest, or price it too low & sell myself short. Please help. The photos are shown below: 366.JPG DSC_0025.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
Nice shots, really like the first one! I will share that i have a friend that is a storm chaser. He has sold several of his photos for around $500 each, they were used on a calendar!

11gn5ok.jpg

dannel

5 Year Member
Saskatchewan, Canada
Woah! You're really good! How'd you get that cat to stay like that? Whenever I try and take a pic of my cat he comes and brushes against the camera! Lol:p

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I've been there a few times! $250 is reasonable usage fee...until your known, then you can blast your price. Nice work BTW! ;)

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
You need to define what you are offering. And especially what they want to purchase. USE RIGHTS or EXCLUSIVE USE RIGHTS. The former lets you maintain the right to sell the pic to someone else for separate use. The latter is tthe buyer purchasing the sole right to use the image for the entire length of the contract. This means that only they can use it and you cannot sell it to anyone else. Try looking around the photo rights websites. Lightbox is one.
Great pics by the way!

Rustybread

5 Year Member
dannel said:
Woah! You're really good! How'd you get that cat to stay like that? Whenever I try and take a pic of my cat he comes and brushes against the camera! Lol:p

Thanks! & I had him playing with a ball on a string, then got the picture when he was looking at the ball that was right above the lens, haha.

M

Maggie Cummings

I know this is not the subject but I just have to say what a beautiful cat!

dannel

5 Year Member
Saskatchewan, Canada
Rustybread said:
dannel said:

Thanks! & I had him playing with a ball on a string, then got the picture when he was looking at the ball that was right above the lens, haha.

Good strategy!

Status
Not open for further replies.