Photos posted in the Android App don’t show in the iOS app or on browser version

Clunk

Josh has outlined the problems with the app from a forum operator's point of view:
https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/i...ess-tortoise-forum.162257/page-2#post-1547407

The problem lies with the third party developer, Tapatalk.

The solution is a custom app developed/maintained by Tortoiseforum.org. Maybe a Kickstarter/GoFundme or similar could be started to raise money to hire developer(s) to produce this app for both Apple/Android.

I personally wouldn't contribute. I have used both the app and mobile website and prefer the latter.

I have seen a few other forum apps in the app store/play store that claim to work with most forums of this type. How about some of you try them out and post your findings here for those who simply must use an app for everything instead of a web browser?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Josh has outlined the problems with the app from a forum operator's point of view:
https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/i...ess-tortoise-forum.162257/page-2#post-1547407

The problem lies with the third party developer, Tapatalk.

The solution is a custom app developed/maintained by Tortoiseforum.org. Maybe a Kickstarter/GoFundme or similar could be started to raise money to hire developer(s) to produce this app for both Apple/Android.

I personally wouldn't contribute. I have used both the app and mobile website and prefer the latter.

I have seen a few other forum apps in the app store/play store that claim to work with most forums of this type. How about some of you try them out and post your findings here for those who simply must use an app for everything instead of a web browser?

I think we have established that there are strong preferences both ways and that some people prefer the apps. It doesn't make anyone wrong or right or mean that people haven't tried both.

I happen to use both android and ios apps on different devices and the website version on both devices - extensively on this forum and on EduGeek another big and busy forum using custom Tapatalk.

At the end of the day the decision is Josh's. This topic is best left now.