1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Pic of the herd.

Discussion in 'Tortoise Photos & Videos' started by Wirewehear, May 13, 2018.

1. Wirewehear

Wirewehear Active Member 5 Year Member

Hello all, its been a really long time since I posted. Took this picture the other day so wanted to post for some attention. :) 20180510_163229.jpg
    Kasia and Dizisdalife like this.
  2. wellington

wellington Well-Known Member Moderator 5 Year Member

(These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    You might not want the attention. Cuz those two smaller ones, not only are too small to be with the sulcatas, but they also are not sulcatas the two species shouldn't be mixed.
    Sure hope it was only for a pic that they were mixed.
    Tom and TechnoCheese like this.
  3. Wirewehear

Wirewehear Active Member 5 Year Member

I understand the difference of pathogens, and the debate that goes with it. While its no guarantee, they have roamed together for about 8 years. However, the CDTs do have their own space but are allowed to roam the full yard when I'm home to keep an eye on them. Also this has been discussed with their Herp Vet, who comes to the house for their annuals, and states that she is okay with their coexistence.
    But I really do appreciate the mention. As a dog owner who has had/have bully breeds, I never recommend a household with multiple Pit Bulls even tho I myself have had multiples. Better to be warned of possible issues.
  4. wellington

wellington Well-Known Member Moderator 5 Year Member

Thanks for being so excepting and understanding of the FYI and in the manner it was given. We don't always get that. Much appreciated and glad your on top of it.
    Wirewehear, vladimir and Jay Bagley like this.